inTank Media Baskets

Scared/Shy yellow tail damsel

ColoradoNano

ColoradoNano

I just added a YTD to my Fluval spec V about 2 days ago sense he will not come out of hiding at all even for a feeding, he just sits in a hole in my LR.

Any ideas on how to get this guy to start swimming around at all???? Was hoping to finally have something to watch/look at in my aquarium.

Have you tried turning off pumps and such in the tank for a while. I noticed with a couple fish in my tank that they would not come out at first unless I turned everything off, and then they would explore. After doing this a couple of times for a 30-45 min. each time, they started venturing out much more on their own.

ColoradoNano

Have you tried turning off pumps and such in the tank for a while. I noticed with a couple fish in my tank that they would not come out at first unless I turned everything off, and then they would explore. After doing this a couple of times for a 30-45 min. each time, they started venturing out much more on their own.

I will give that a try once I get home!

ColoradoNano

@Waterhobit thanks for the advice it worked! Turned off my mini jet 606 and he was out cruising the tank in no time after about 10 mins he went back into hiding.

A couple more attempts of turning off the power head and I think he will be comfortable.

Archived