Innovative Marine Aquariums

Yay Corals!

Azedenkae

If it's healthy you should be getting full polyp extension at nighttime. If it's not extending it's probably because it's starving, and doesn't have enough energy. Usually these guys are at the LFS for awhile, and they almost always aren't fed there, so by the time they get into hobbyists' tanks they don't extend.

It's only feeding when the polyps are extending. If they're not extending, it can't feed.

If it's healthy you should be getting full polyp extension at nighttime. If it's not extending it's probably because it's starving, and doesn't have enough energy. Usually these guys are at the LFS for awhile, and they almost always aren't fed there, so by the time they get into hobbyists' tanks they don't extend.

It's only feeding when the polyps are extending. If they're not extending, it can't feed.

That's actually what's gnawing at me. It would probably have been about a week max from when it was collected to going into the tank. I work at the LFS, so I just pulled it out directly from the shipment that arrived Thursday morning (along with the Bubble). The Bubble in fact looked sadder than the Sunflower lol. XD

Yet here we are. >.< The Bubble bloomed right away when I places it (despite previously looking like a skeleton).

And I know the supplier keeps these corals under proper lighting and flow and all that where they are up in Cairns. With that said THAT probably do mean that it wasn't target-fed there.

Yeah, you might have to get something really enticing like mysis or brine shrimp o get the polyps to extend if it's that malnourished

Yeah, you might have to get something really enticing like mysis or brine shrimp o get the polyps to extend if it's that malnourished

Mhm, that was the first thing I thought of. Ordered brine shrimp but won't be here until Friday. At this point in time I am planning to swing by a random LFS tomorrow (Monday) to get some.

Archived