inTank Media Baskets

Lighting for my 60 gal reef cube

Seahorse7

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum and was hoping for some pointers. I have been shopping around for a new light for my 60gal cube reef tank. I currently just have a double T-5 glow light fixture on my tank. I know it is not enough light. The tank is currently still cycling so I still have some time to find the right lighting before I add any corals to it. The tank measures 24" x 24" so I need a light that will penetrate deep enough that won't cost an arm and a leg. Although I do have expensive taste. I like the ATI T-5 and LED light fixtures but they range from 700$-1500$ for the size I need. There is also another light fixture I found that I liked that cost 2300$ that Bulk Reef Supply sells. I don't remember which one it was, I saw the price and got off the page lol... I guess the main features Im looking for other than quality and longevity is a slim design and I really like the sunrise and sunset settings. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated :)

Thanks!

Mel

Welcome. :) What corals are you wanting to have in your tank?

well I am in Hawaii so there is not a whole lot we are allowed to have. As of right now I will just have a sand anenome, octacoral and some zoas. Reefing seems to be a large underground hobby here lol... So Im still to new to the hobby to have any good hookups I guess. Anyway I am also having a hard time detrmining if I should go with LED lights or T-5 I want to get whats best for a nice reef so when I move back to the mainland in 2017 I will already have the equipment to start a nice reef tank up again.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived