Cultivated Reef

Slug with red head?

MrLang

Been looking around and can't find a picture that looks like what I have seen a couple of.

Looks like a tiny slug maybe 1/2 cm long brownish yellow but at one end it has 2 white hairs and at the intersection of these white hairs is a bright red spot.

I think the ones I saw, thie hairs and red spot were on the back end - it was moving with this area behind it as it moved.

I thought it looked most like a baby stomatella and I do have several of these in my tank, but I couldn't make out a shell and the 2 white hairs were on the back side, which seemed weird to me.

Any thoughts? I'll try to get a picture of one but not optimistic.

I found a few on the glass when I got home last night. It was a flatworm. MY VERY FIRST PEST - I'M KIND OF EXCITED. I wonder how long that will last...

I siphoned about 4 large ones and 5-6 very very small ones off the glass last night. This morning only 1 there - basted that sucker. Anyone else find sucking out pests with a turkey baster to be extremely satisfying?

It was bound to happen. Just going to keep up with it and hope I don't see any issues arise.

keep an eye on the situation, they can explode in terms of population. While its still early it may be worth hitting the tank w/ a dose of flatworm exit and killing the problem before it gets serious

Archived