SaltCritters.com

Ecosystems Miracle Mud

itskris

Anyone used this with success?

Is it best to do the Paletta way with a skimmer? Or no skimmer at all? Looking at building a new sump and want to implement this system. Would like some input from other reefers.

I'm not necessarily a beginner in reefing. But I'm a beginner to the refugiums.

Currently I have a 29 biocube drilled with a custom glass sump. Looking to make a custom acrylic simp for a test run with Miracle Mud.

Any input on experience with MM is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I am using it and I believe it has benefits. I for the longest time thought it was "snake oil" but ever since I started using it I have had great results. I bought it because someone told me it would help cure HLLE in a new Yellow Tang I had bought and it did seem to help. Up until that point I had tried everything with no luck but the miracle mud cleared it all up in about 4 weeks. I use mine as the substrate in my refugium. My sump has 3 chambers, the first has the skimmer and all the reactors returns and the tank drain line, the second is the refugium/frag rack, and the last chamber has the ATO float switch and return pump. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Archived