Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chon's Fusion 10

chonathin

Did you just have your PicO Skim 2.0 hanging down in the water without a bracket? Do you actually get skimmate? Is your water line in the rear chambers down around the actual line back there or is it higher?

Did you just have your PicO Skim 2.0 hanging down in the water without a bracket? Do you actually get skimmate? Is your water line in the rear chambers down around the actual line back there or is it higher?

The bracket is turned sideways and hanging on the glass separating the 2nd and 3rd chambers. The pico is sitting as far down as it can go so that the exit line is sitting on the back of the tank. The water level in the 3rd chamber is half an inch lower then the divider. I set the bubble hight at an inch or so above the water line using a whisper 20 pump. I'm getting a good skim so far. A dark tea color.

The bracket is turned sideways and hanging on the glass separating the 2nd and 3rd chambers. The pico is sitting as far down as it can go so that the exit line is sitting on the back of the tank. The water level in the 3rd chamber is half an inch lower then the divider. I set the bubble hight at an inch or so above the water line using a whisper 20 pump. I'm getting a good skim so far. A dark tea color.

Ah, and you don't have any issues with the bracket/skimmer interfering with water flow? I have been tinkering with my PicO skim and I can't quite get it right.

Nice! I had mine up on the rim of the tank, as low as it could go, and I used a credit card to make a baffle extension to increase the water level in the rear chamber. That didn't work.

Are you using the tunze ato or what?

No it's a DIY setup with a Avast DC power pump (excellent pump) and a switch and mount from autotopoff.com.

Love the build! mind me asking where you got the stand in the first picture?! Looks really nice

Love the build! mind me asking where you got the stand in the first picture?! Looks really nice

I don't know the website off the top of my head, but it was defiantly not up to the task of holding up a tank

Archived