inTank Media Baskets

Jackal_Knight Feedback

VW_TDI_02

Just got a SCA-301 skimmer from Jackal and I just put it together. Overall it's really solid and came very well packed. I got it for a complete steal and now I'm just waiting for it to break in. Hopefully over the next few weeks/month it should be producing some nice dark skim. It didn't come with any instructions but even though this is my first time touching a skimmer, I managed to figure it out pretty easily. I may have it set up wrong and that's why it is producing so many bubbles but from what I've found that's normal when you're breaking in a skimmer. Other than the lack of instructions (negligible) everything was great. It was shipped out very quickly and included all the little parts and even the drain plug and spare tubing. Can't be much happier right about now and +1 to Jackal.

I purchased a Hydor wave controller from him. Well packaged works well.

Though it exposed a weakness in one of my nano 240 pumps. Apparently turning it on and off has caused an impeller to fall apart..

No way that's Jackals fault though

Though it exposed a weakness in one of my nano 240 pumps. Apparently turning it on and off has caused an impeller to fall apart..

Turning a pump on and off is rather brutal on a powerhead unless a powerhead was designed for that.

Jackal_Knight

Just got a SCA-301 skimmer from Jackal and I just put it together. Overall it's really solid and came very well packed. I got it for a complete steal and now I'm just waiting for it to break in. Hopefully over the next few weeks/month it should be producing some nice dark skim. It didn't come with any instructions but even though this is my first time touching a skimmer, I managed to figure it out pretty easily. I may have it set up wrong and that's why it is producing so many bubbles but from what I've found that's normal when you're breaking in a skimmer. Other than the lack of instructions (negligible) everything was great. It was shipped out very quickly and included all the little parts and even the drain plug and spare tubing. Can't be much happier right about now and +1 to Jackal.

glad your happy with the skimmer, it worked like a beast for me great skimmer, just keep it in 7-9 inches of water and the bubbles just under the collection cup and you'll be golden.

No way that's Jackals fault though

wow im surprised your pumps are not doing well with the controller, i used the exact same model pump for my tank and never had a problem. hope it works out.

wow im surprised your pumps are not doing well with the controller, i used the exact same model pump for my tank and never had a problem. hope it works out.

I bought the pumps used so there is no telling who old they are or how they were treated. I've already ordered new props for them.

Archived