Cultivated Reef

Red Sea reef foundation ABC+ ?

Odobenus rosmarus

Odobenus rosmarus

I ordered a 1Kg container of this and I'm just wondering how it will work in a nano tank? My tank is 10 gallons but not set up yet, I plan on having some easier SPS since I'm just starting out and thats why I bought this. It seems like a good solution to maintaining Ca, KH, Mg and a bunch of other elements in a small volume of water. Does anyone have experience using this? And since it relates to this topic, I have also got a 500mL bottle on NO3:PO4-X by red sea. It also seems good for keeping low levels of Nitrate and Phosphate in a nano tank but I would like to know peoples opinions on it and your experience with it?

i have half of a container of it left and loved it for my nano. i use kalk in my main tank cause its cheaper for me to get but yes it is great stuff. i dont believe red sea makes anything that isnt awsome. i would recommed getting your levels stable where you want them, and then dose from there. it has a easy to read/use chart on the container. Also this stuff needs to be added directly to the tank in a high flow area. Do not try to mix it with water then pour in the tank it will make your water cloudy for a bit.

Odobenus rosmarus

Awesome, thank you for the input! I just wanted to make sure there were people who had success with this product, I will post how it works me once i get my tank up and running.

I'm interested in this product. The BRS video says the dosage amount should be based on the amount of calcium dosed. If I'm not dosing calcium and I were to use this product what do you base your dosage on?

Like I said in the post above, find out what your parameters are at now and look at the chart on the back of the container. Looking at the back of my container it says here 1gram=1.5ppm/calcium. The container comes with a scoop inside one end is 2grams the other end is 20grams

So let's say your daily calcium usage is 6ppm. You would need 4grams.

Like I said in the post above, find out what your parameters are at now and look at the chart on the back of the container. Looking at the back of my container it says here 1gram=1.5ppm/calcium. The container comes with a scoop inside one end is 2grams the other end is 20grams

So let's say your daily calcium usage is 6ppm. You would need 4grams.

So you are using the powder? The video I watched was a liquid system. Is it essentially the same thing?

I was using the powder. I don't know if the liquid is the same, but I stopped using it and jumped back to kalk as it was easier and cheaper for me.

Ok Folks, a little clarity here.

Red Sea Foundation ABC+ comes in powder form only, it is designed to be dosed dry in powder form in a rapid flow area within the aquarium, it is dosed based on Calcium uptake, it is perfect for maintaining levels of Ca, Mg & Alk once they are in Sync, we base the parameters closely matched on those of our salts. http://www.redseafish.com/red-sea-salts/

Check out the following blog http://www.redseafish.com/blog/the-importance-of-reef-foundation-elements-in-reef-aquariums/

Information on ABC+ can be found here http://www.redseafish.com/reef-care-program/reef_foundation_program/reef-foundation-abc/

RedSeaKev

Kevin Davies

Technical Support Manager

Red Sea Group

• 6 years later...
jjmccloud2011
On 1/20/2015 at 12:01 AM, Ruckus16 said:

I'm interested in this product. The BRS video says the dosage amount should be based on the amount of calcium dosed. If I'm not dosing calcium and I were to use this product what do you base your dosage on?

U don't wanna dose until u know what your system is using. Until then u don't need it. I realize this is an old thread but someone may pop in sometime reading lol. Once your in need of these and your corals are consuming them which u can verify with testing and seeing how much it uses up a day or week or however u wanna determine then go from there until your system is growing coral and depleting these levels even after water changes them u will move onto this