Cultivated Reef

Ecotech Propagation Kit 1st Impression

StrainedSky

Just got this kit in the mail so I thought I would post up my early impressions since I haven't got a chance to use it. The kits is a lot heavier than I was anticipating, the bamboo case is very heavy and well made like a butchers block. The case is held closed by strong magnets, so very easy to open and close.

IMG_0676_zps8e059c13.jpg

IMG_0678_zps670996d2.jpg

The tools look great and also feel like they are built like a tank. I have used the glue before, it sets up very fast but I'm not sure any faster than any other glue I have used. I do like the design of the bottle as it has a metal pin in the bottle cap to prevent the bottle from clogging.

IMG_0679_zpsf19bf839.jpg

Final thoughts, I have most if not all the tools included in the kit but its really nice to have them all in one spot. Like most Ecotech products it looks great and I don't see having any issues with it working reliable. I will update in more depth once I get a chance to frag some things up. In the coming weeks I will also be doing an in-depth review of the Reeflink and how it compares to my current setup of an Apex and WXM. So if theres anything specific you guys would like to know about the Propagation kit or Reeflink let me know, until then Happy Reefing!!!

Archived