Cultivated Reef

My Nuvo 8 ;)

cmb2104

Its been up and running for 2 weeks now... so far the only inhabitants are 3 hermit crabs.... all stock at the moment... i did get the intank media basket(to be installed tomorrow).... the stock one keeps floating around....

7BD92193-45A6-4D44-9708-3DF45374FE81.jpg

9DAA44D4-B1E2-4920-AA70-DF4E1EE8019B.jpg

3721C140-F2CF-4F4E-BA7B-DC42AF4467D9.jpg

A7AC06C7-9B9E-4909-9039-823F55402624.jpg

not sure what else to add in there..... i need some ideas! shrimp maybe???

i do have Kenny the snowflake clown waiting in QT tho...

if you are planning on zoas, then a cleaner shrimp? if no zoas, then a bunch of sexy shrimps would be great

thats what i was thinking! i LOVE cleaner shrimp (for the colors)but the sexy shrimp are growing on me.... now i cant decide :rolleyes:

also saw on another post... someone had a back compartment cover made... and now i cant find it... anyone know who makes them or where i can get one?

also saw on another post... someone had a back compartment cover made... and now i cant find it... anyone know who makes them or where i can get one?

I would like to know as well.....

Interesting scape, plenty of room to stick in frags etc. B) I'm partial to clownfish myself. Maybe a goby/pistol pair?

I agree 100%. Love that pairing and possibly an anemone for the clown(s) to host? My nuvo 8 is on the way as we speak. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

The clown is gettin a frogspawn and a hammer! Maybe torch. After researching I decided against the nem they get pretty big and it's a small space.

went on a pre-christmas shopping trip yesterday! had a significant amount of alge growing to i added to the cuc and also few other critters!

my new snails were busy last night... the tank looks much cleaner!

i purchased my first coral ever! Frogspawn! so far its looking great!

and also thought the little clown goby was too cute to leave behind! we call him Woodstock! (like in charlie brown... looks just like him!) he was fine yesterday but today is hiding.... and i cant see him and didnt come out for food either :(

30EF7FE4-16C0-481A-BA1D-6B7ACE766AE5.jpg

14C7F3CA-F485-4C30-8418-FFEDF97AB271.jpg

6EB57372-829D-4410-852F-5BEC47B24AE7.jpg

Looking good fellow nuvo 8 :) isn't that a yellow watchman goby? I just picked up one yesterday at the LFS as it was a gift and he/she isn't doing anything...

no, hes a clown goby... more round shaped.... i haven been able to get a good pic of him yet. but they dont really do much... he only swims till he finds a new spot to hang out.... they arent big swimmers, but they are colorful.

1DC457D4-198F-4021-9AAE-845837C3F3CC.jpg

Looking good fellow nuvo 8 :) isn't that a yellow watchman goby? I just picked up one yesterday at the LFS as it was a gift and he/she isn't doing anything...

he came out of hiding for a few minutes...

3D026328-3A5A-4E42-A62A-F5BE85C7B21A.jpg

I love checking out what people do with their Nuvo 8's - So many creative ways to fill a little space...

Following along.. You can find a link in my sig to mine.

I love checking out what people do with their Nuvo 8's - So many creative ways to fill a little space...

Following along.. You can find a link in my sig to mine.

i have been looking at everyone's since before i bought this thank! lol yours looks awesome!

• 1 month later...
Roland-Berlin

Is the sexy shrimp still living, or was it live food for the blood shrimp? I have no experiences with shrimp, but I think that the size difference could become a problem for the sexy one?

Anyway, I like your tank. Any new pics/stories?

Here's a new pic! The sexy shrimp now has 2 more friends all doing well! And they have grown a lot! Pam, Lana, and Sheryl... Yes Pam is the biggest! The blood shrimp never bothers them... He's in hiding mostly comes out at feeding time and then retreats to his cave.

42CBDFEB-BD00-4856-B736-9B39C06BC3B6.jpg

E1870706-F7DE-46FC-9276-91EA574869BC.jpg

Also just upgraded the pump and added the spinsteam tho I'm still working to get the flow right....

• 7 months later...

This setup is now for sale if you are in FL!

Thinking about selling my nuvo 8.... I have a lot of time and money invested it in it, over $600. I just don't have the time to keep up with it in addition to all the other pets. It's been running for about 1 yr.
Asking $300:
Snowflake clown
Clown goby
Hectors goby
3 sexy shrimp
Fire shrimp
Clean up crew
Gsp, zoas, cloves

Upgraded
intank media basket
Timers on lights
Upgraded pump