Coral Vue Hydros

Nano-Reef Meet-Up II Jan. 3rd @Reefwise

Mr. Microscope

She went downtown last time after the meet. Probably hit a lot of traffic by lakeshore drive.

Rookie mistake!

I'm a definite maybe lol depending on what GF has planned. She said its a possibility, also not sure I want to bring her to meet this bunch. ;)

I'll only be 30 minutes away, so anyways I'll update later. :)

30 min!! come for like 10 minutes at least.. It's a good 1 - 1.5 hr drive from us in Chicago anyway ;)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I can make it!! Mark me as a yes!

Dude - 90 to Rockford then to 39S to 88E. You don't have to drive in/near Chicago at all. Come!

At least I think you're the one in Madison?

She went downtown last time after the meet. Probably hit a lot of traffic by lakeshore drive.

Well I went to the field museum afterward last time. Traffic was terrible and the drivers were worse!

It's still a long way from Madison and not a great time of year for me. Like I said I'll most likely come to another meet up when the weather is a bit better :)

Well I went to the field museum afterward last time. Traffic was terrible and the drivers were worse!

It's still a long way from Madison and not a great time of year for me. Like I said I'll most likely come to another meet up when the weather is a bit better :)

Traffic is always so terrible. I tell myself I will move away from here because of the traffic/weather one day.. Just giving ya shit. I'm not sure I could justify that long of a drive regardless hah.

Rookie mistake!

30 min!! come for like 10 minutes at least.. It's a good 1 - 1.5 hr drive from us in Chicago anyway ;)

:)

No one is allowed to hit on the GF if I do come lol. Will do what I can to make an appearance & check out reefwise. :)

Its my 21st birthday on the 3rd, we don't have any plans that early so if all goes well then I'll be there.

No one is allowed to hit on the GF if I do come lol. Will do what I can to make an appearance & check out reefwise. :)

Its my 21st birthday on the 3rd, we don't have any plans that early so if all goes well then I'll be there.

Reefwise in the morning, strip club at night. Good plans.

Hey man, we're not all scumbags! But if anyone does do that, take it as a compliment!

I'm trying to find a new home for some coral.

1 headed frogspawn (free)

4 headed frogspawn (free)

1" green slimer frag. (free)

4" red delicate acro colony (trade or $40)

huge 6" green purple rim monti ( trade or $30)

med 4" green purple rim monti (free)

anyone interested?

edit: PM me, I don't wanna clutter this up too much.

I'm trying to find a new home for some coral.

1 headed frogspawn (free)

4 headed frogspawn (free)

1" green slimer frag. (free)

4" red delicate acro colony (trade or $40)

You got a pic of the acro colony? I'm looking to trade/sell some of my palythoa colonies (yes plural).

PM'd.

don't wanna clutter this thread up too much. :P

Got it - thanks! I wonder if my lights can work with that though.... I'm guessing probably not haha.

Mr. Microscope
I still have three monti Satosa frags left from the last meet up. They're a bit larger now. Anyone who didn't get one last time is welcome to take one home!

I still have three monti Satosa frags left from the last meet up. They're a bit larger now. Anyone who didn't get one last time is welcome to take one home!

Oh!! I dont need another, but I'd love to see how much they've grown. Even though they aren't all the exact same, I'm pretty sure they would be similar.

Just wanna compare growth to the one I have!!

if anyone want xenia let me know =). i have a few stalks mounted to frag plugs already so they wont overtake your tank. they are white / silver ones that dont pulse much and waves around real pretty with flow.

Pics taken like inches from Nanobox Duo. The frags I have at the bottom on the sandbed dont look as white.

https://flic.kr/p/pvK8rS'>15432798912_74dfd2131c.jpg

Mr. Microscope

Oh!! I dont need another, but I'd love to see how much they've grown. Even though they aren't all the exact same, I'm pretty sure they would be similar.

Just wanna compare growth to the one I have!!

I'll post some pics soon! ;)

what's teh best way to get the setosa off the frag and on to my rock? just did some rescaping and got a nice place for it =). it started encrusting onto the frag plug already.

what's teh best way to get the setosa off the frag and on to my rock? just did some rescaping and got a nice place for it =). it started encrusting onto the frag plug already.

i usually just cut the bottom part of the plug off and mount the small round top to the rock.

i usually just cut the bottom part of the plug off and mount the small round top to the rock.

will give that a try. i have a hard time getting a smooth cut, there's always a little bit of the plug still left making it hard to mount.

Hey guys, a little off topic but I'm new to the area and looking for a LFS. I've heard Reefwise is the best place to go for corals, but what about other livestock? Do they have gorgonians, macros, or inverts for sale? Is their fish selection pretty good or just so-so? What about equipment and dry goods? I would go check it out myself but I don't have a car yet so getting there is kind of a pain.

Mr. Microscope

Tomorrow is the big day! Is everyone still coming?

We have a few more people from CLR coming too.

I'll be wearing a grey shirt with an octopus on it.

Archived