Pod Your Reef

Target Stand Reinforcement?

ImNew:]

Target says max "shelf" weight is 15lbs. No clue if that means per shelf or what. If its one of that stands that has the cardboard back you could reinforce it with some 3/4" plywood which would help quite a bit. Then again not sure how you would attach it to the mdf. :wacko:

Target says max "shelf" weight is 15lbs. No clue if that means per shelf or what. If its one of that stands that has the cardboard back you could reinforce it with some 3/4" plywood which would help quite a bit. Then again not sure how you would attach it to the mdf. :wacko:

Dam i hope this gift was not for nothing hahha. So i was reading and it says "The Harrington Floor Cabinet with One Door and Open Shelf is made of MDF" so it makes me think that the shelf inside is the one that has a 15lb max.

I'm sure you can do something with it. I'm no woodworker so maybe someone could tell you how to do it. Your best bet would be to wait until it gets in and see what its made of. Then sit on it and see if it holds your weight. If it does you are good! j/k on the sit on it part lol

NorthGaHillbilly

I expect it would be fine as it, but here are a few steps to be sure itll hold up.

Replace the back with 1/2" plywood. as 0utkast said im sure its a fiberboard back

Take 1" furring strips, find em at home depot, and cut them to fit inside the stand and run from the floor to the top, this will transfer the weight down through the stand and avoid twisting

Cut some supports to hide under the stand to make false feet to make sure the original feet dont give out

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/147608/titebond-melamine-glue-16-oz.aspx

That glue will work well to attach the wood products to the MDF/particle board that its made of

Make sure to predrill your holes, and then use a course thread screw to attach it all in, drywall screws should do the trick

Archived