Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ruby red dragonet

GT350pwns

I have loved these fish ever since I first saw them online. But, i haven't bothered to pick one up because of the prices and rarity online.

Well, one of my lfs had a GORGEOUS young male in stock the other day and I couldn't help myself. Especially for $15.

So far, the little guy has been in the tank for 2 days and is fat and happily grazing pods (of which there are a lot) in my 36 gallon bow front. He has seemed intrigued by mysis and reef frenzy that I feed the tank with 2 or 3 times a week. But, hasn't taken any nips at it yet.

Any tips or tricks to get this little guy super interested in prepared? I may have to do a brine hatchery and transition over to frozen but I really don't have the space for it...

The draogenet needs to be trained. Search google & Nano-reef with key words dragonet training feeding station.

Also start with "nutramar Ova" (http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=18988), then next phase Ova Nutrmar mixed with frozen food + Flakes (adjust % quantity over time ti increase % or frozen and decrease % or Ova) . Once on frozen then you can start with frozen and flakes& pellets mix and follow same procedure of adjusting % of frozen.

The above has worked for me well. There are some other methods also

NOTE: Young females are easiest to train and males are tougher.

Thank you for the link to nutramar ova.

I have actually been trying to find a place with it in stock for awhile now. Just have to swallow the insane shipping cost for a couple of flat packs lol.

I was hoping he would take interest in that reef frenzy food that I picked up the same day I grabbed him. But, i think the pieces are too big even though it is the nano forumla.

He is also a very tiny guy. Probably 3/4 of an inch long.

Thank you for the link to nutramar ova.

I have actually been trying to find a place with it in stock for awhile now. Just have to swallow the insane shipping cost for a couple of flat packs lol.

I was hoping he would take interest in that reef frenzy food that I picked up the same day I grabbed him. But, i think the pieces are too big even though it is the nano forumla.

He is also a very tiny guy. Probably 3/4 of an inch long.

check this : http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/256327-the-many-methods-of-training-dragonets/

Archived