Pod Your Reef

ecotech radion xr15w issue.

Fluffeh

Hi! I just got my radion xr15w today. It was very easy to install with the mounting arm and the light is awesome. The only issue I am having is that I cannot get the light to connect to my pc. I do not have a reeflink yet (will get one soon) so I need to hook it up via usb. I followed the directions exactly, but when I plug the light into the computer, I get a message saying something about how the usb device that was plugged in has malfunctioned and windows is unable to recognize it. The ecosmart connection manager says its connected to ecosmart live, but that no radion is connected. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, I even reformatted my laptop I was using but nothing changed. If I go into ecosmart live on my web browser and click on 'aquarium setup' in settings (as the instructions say to do), nothing ever happens.... any thoughts on this issue?

Also - the LED light that lights up the 3 buttons on top is a yellowish color - is that normal?

Well, just ran into another problem. As I was installing the longer 'rail' for the tank mount, I heard a 'click' from the mount and now the rail does not stay in place. Fortunately I was aware of this noise as the rail AND light could have plummeted into my tank. I did not think I'd have issues like this, kinda dissapointed...

any insight into what the problem could be? I'm planning on calling ecotech tomorrow but didn't know if anyone else had any ideas of why the radion won't be recognized by my PCs.

In the instructions that came with the light, it should tell you what the leds on the top of light mean. If not you can trouble shoot some of the issues you are having by visiting echotechs website and viewing the trouble shooting page.

Basser1, I tried both of those suggestions and neither did anything. I am going to just give ecotech a call tomorrow, they have always been really good with customer service in the past.

just wanted to update this post. i spoke to ecotech today and they were very helpful. basically they said that it is either (1) a faulty usb cord OR (2) a faulty outlet within the light. They are sending me a new usb cable now, and if that doesn't fix it, they will send me a whole new light.

Archived