SaltCritters.com

24x24x12 Slow and Steady(Didn't Realize how many frags I have)

0utkast

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok well not too much has been going on. RO/DI is in the mail. I got tired of buying distilled water and didn't want to make a trip to buy 40g of it.

Light bracket has been made. just need to paint it. The shitty weather we have been having around here has not been nice for painting.

Salt and new heater are in the mail. Will get plumbing stuff sometime this week and hopefully be wet by the 15 of jan. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the aquarium setup finally.. Rock work isnt permanent but it is what it is. Transfered 3 pieces of live rock over and about 4 cups of sand. Now to figure out how to hang the light!

IMG_0042_zpse47f5aa9.jpg

Cable sticking through the door is the sump light lol...just noticed it was there. Temp of course. Until i get the power distribution setup correctly.

• 1 month later...
lilmatty5dimes

Looks great. Awesome build so far. I just found a killer deal on one for $140 and am in the process of buying all the equipment to set it up. Any update?

• 7 months later...

Well lol. I forgot about this. Here is my yearly update!! 11 months in and here we go. (iPhone sucks with aquarium pics)

E18FEDC1-6F52-4045-8F0B-D0E1FA21D4C9_zps

Things that have changed. MH changed to an AI hydra 52. I have around 18 Zola frags. A black clarkii clown and a 6 line wrasse. I will post more details when I actually get on a pc.

So it took out the jebao wp-25 and replaced it with 2 rw-4s. Can get much better flow from 2 smaller units than I did from one big one. Here are some current shots. I still have to tidy up the wires from the rws.

1F936031-58A8-4E57-B1A3-FFB0608B57CA_zps

ACB1DAD8-0463-4FCB-83CC-158AE92EF811_zps

54E77EC2-B225-4C53-A6F7-2B7A69F06D5D_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah. Ill post it up in a few. I gotta edit the first post with my equipment list too. I've kinda slacked in that department.

I sold the AI Hydra 52. Replace it temporarily with the old 250w Metal halide. I just didn't have the patience for the LEDs.

Just got in a brand new ATI 8x24 Sunpower and have it installed 18" over the tank atm. Some may say its way to much light over the tank. Well I have plans of upgrading when I buy a new house. So I won't have to buy all new equipment then.

I also finally finished painting my DIY Conduit light hanger.

3E646B09-3908-4ED9-9FCD-2F137F690140_zps

ADB162D8-C788-4D39-A00D-A9E276E5B9E7_zps

I updated the first post with equipment that I can remember off the top of my head and just realized that I need to buy a new camera. These Iphone 6 pictures really do suck.

I picked up a few frags today. Not in the best condition but got them cheap enough to see what I can do with them.

Superman digitata and tyree pink lemonade. Will post pics later

It's much brighter in person too. It really stands out. Can see it in the pic of the pink lemonade in the background. The pic I took was on the dark side of the frag.

On a side note I've got a lot of maintenance to do tomorrow. Gotta clean the sump out and replace the clear return line I have with black. It's half clogged up with algae.

Archived