inTank Media Baskets

The new Kessil A160WE

LarryC

Also, I've taken to using split wire loom over the gooseneck and cables for my builds. It cleans it up nicely. Next time I'm at my shop I will try to remember to take a pic.

Split wire loom:

wire-loom_cables.jpg

You should be working for Kessil! Any pics of the finished product?

Instead of linking the lights you could use both of the controllers outputs and just program each light separately.

Great idea! Anything to get rid of at least 1 cable!! I'll have to try it!!!

Any pics? Also when you say the fans are loudest thing, you mean the fans in the lights right?

Yes, the fans in the lights.

Even though I don't make these lights I will chime in. You can buy other sleeving like Spencer posted that will simply wrap around this.

http://www.cableorganizer.com/cable-sleeving/side-entry/

Thought I could help :)

-Dave

Or you could buy a nanobox fixture that has the wires all hidden in a nice sleek little arm that is bent to the same angle every time with no fuss, right Dave? ?

Smithjm5 they're available now. See my link at top of thread. FedEx delivery is tomorrow (Saturday) for me.

I have a 36Lx16Wx10H

I had one 360WE and it was passable but it really needed two. It depends on your rock work. Here is mine with 2x 360s, this is about a month old. If anything it's too intense. IMAG0104_zpszha9zg8l.jpg

I have a difficult time getting my acans to color up and extend polys during the day. I have since raised the Kessil's up and reduced intensity to max 30%~. My SPS are showing growth just fine along with the acans, Zoa's and frog spawn. In this photo I only had one small green SPS (lower left). It was still pretty brown from my biocube days. It's coloring up better now and showing growth. If you want full tweaking control get the radion. The kessil is pretty simple with just intensity and color control. I am using the spectral controller with it as well.

IMAG0318_zpskn9w2boc.jpg

Just about to do a water change, so excuse the crappy pic

2612i6u.jpg

Your crappy pic's are still better than my best so don't worry lol, It looks sick, did you hang it?

My LFS has a tmc sig tank with a RBT nem and it was happy at the bottom with the 160 at half power. The shimmer is just wow

how deep is the tank if you don't mind me asking?

I used there Kessil mount. The mount is quite big compared to the Nanobox. On the plus side, it gives you a lot of room to angle lights, or mount high if you so choose. I think i'm gong to steal Spencer's idea for the split loom.

how deep is the tank if you don't mind me asking?
18" and the nem was sat on the sandbed and had bubbles on the tips, so somthing was good lol

Thoughts on these with Acros in a 12" deep tank?
I think it would easily do it. Because as I said at half power a RBT nem was 18" down

18" and the nem was sat on the sandbed and had bubbles on the tips, so somthing was good lol

I think it would easily do it. Because as I said at half power a RBT nem was 18" down

Interesting, the tank i'm looking at them for is 24" deep so I'm just not sure lol

whats the spread of the light? On their site it says it can reach up to 24 inches, and I have a fusion 20 so I'm wondering if one of these would be enough for it?

which means SPS would need to be in the high center of the tank? Do you think there will be a lot of shadowing?

Not anymore then other single puck LED's. Kessil recommends hanging 12-24" above the tank which seems much higher than other LED's. SPS wouldn't necessarily need to be high and center. Kessils don't seem to have any trouble with penetration.

Not anymore then other single puck LED's. Kessil recommends hanging 12-24" above the tank which seems much higher than other LED's. SPS wouldn't necessarily need to be high and center. Kessils don't seem to have any trouble with penetration.

Sweet thanks for the info. I like the light, but it stinks that in order to have a dawn dusk you have to buy a 100 dollar controller. Also, when using the controller to create those effects it must always be plugged in to the unit. A lot of wires showing on the goose neck. I wish it had a cleaner look.

Archived