Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fish Ideas to add to 17 Gallon Tank

jfishy

So currently my tank is going to have a bit of a revamp. It's been running since last year (was a 40, then downgraded to 17 half a year ago) and the inhabitants have always been 2 clown fish. As Iconic and fun they are to have, there are 3 issues:
1.) They are getting aggressive. Females attacks male a lot, they bite my fingers when working in the tank (not a problem, just annoying) and killed a peppermint shrimp. I was planning to add more shrimp like sexy shrimp and pederson shrimp, but if they already killed the peppermint, I doubt they would survive.

2.) I plan to have everything small in scale and minimalist to make the tank seem bigger. This is inspiration from other nano tanks, and experience from when I had my planted nano tank. The clownfish, when more full grown, will throw that scale off and look quite big.

3.) I personally think 17 is a little small for a clown pair full grown. Seeing a full grown pair before, my 17 gallon seems small. (Just my opinion, I am pretty conservative when it comes to stocking fish)

I want to get ultra nano fish. Preferably under 1.5 inches. So far, I have liked masked gobies and mexican red head gobies. As mentioned, I am also planning to have sexy shrimp and pederson shrimp, so nothing that my eat them. I also plan on having acros, so clown gobies are out. Any other fish similar in size? Any that are more free swimming? or are gobies my only option for ultra nano fish? Any other ideas?

Thanks

Archived