ReefCleaners.org

coral identification

nanofish1

Today I received my shipment of two of the 2 assorted corals packages. The corals were not labelled so I was wondering if someone can help me identify them so that I can do more research about them

They all look like mushrooms to me but I am not sure (if they are could you give me the name of the exact species of mushrooms?)

I also asked for a ricordea, maybe one of the coral is a ricordea???

post-85104-0-54060100-1414194384_thumb.jpg

post-85104-0-74292900-1414194385_thumb.jpg

post-85104-0-98310500-1414194386_thumb.jpg

post-85104-0-02513300-1414194388_thumb.jpg

I can't give you exact names but i can give you my experiences with those different mushrooms. The blue on the far left looks like a ridordea to my but it is hard to tell from the pic. This means moderate flow and light. The next bluish one seems to usually do better with moderate flow and lower light. Not sure what the next one is. The red on the far right in my experience like moderate flow and moderate to high light. Just my experiences! :)

I can't give you exact names but i can give you my experiences with those different mushrooms. The blue on the far left looks like a ridordea to my but it is hard to tell from the pic. This means moderate flow and light. The next bluish one seems to usually do better with moderate flow and lower light. Not sure what the next one is. The red on the far right in my experience like moderate flow and moderate to high light. Just my experiences! :)

ok thank you! I have a biocube 29 stock lighting. I know those likes are not the brightest lighting, so in this case, putting it at the top of the tank would be considered moderate lighting? :rolleyes:

Also, I was looking at pic of ricordea on google, but non of my corals have the bubble/round shapes. Who knows what they are?!?! :D

The first and third appear to be rhodactis. The second appears to be an actinodiscus and the fourth appears to be discosoma. The care of all are very similar. You have started out with a nice collection. :)

The stock lighting on the biocube is more than enough for mushrooms. Start them low and slowly move them up to where you would like to have them grow out. leave enough room between the different type for them to multiply and you will have yourself a nice shroom garden. :)

The first and third appear to be rhodactis. The second appears to be an actinodiscus and the fourth appears to be discosoma. The care of all are very similar. You have started out with a nice collection. :)

The stock lighting on the biocube is more than enough for mushrooms. Start them low and slowly move them up to where you would like to have them grow out. leave enough room between the different type for them to multiply and you will have yourself a nice shroom garden. :)

Thanks for the reply. I need to glue them to the live rock! I still haven't done that yet. They are just sitting on top of the small piece of rock that came with the shipment and each morning I find them flipped upside down on the floor probably due to hermit crabs/snails knocking it off! I wasnt sure where to glue those or how as a matter of fact ^^

So as you were talking about placement, do you just glue them once you find a good spot that the mushrooms do well in (as far as light and flow goes)? I heard that it is hard to glue them b/c they can detach on their own? Also, do i just glue the mushroom itself or the piece of rock that the mushroom came with?! I have sooooooo many questions even after doing alot of research :)

Thanks for the reply. I need to glue them to the live rock! I still haven't done that yet. They are just sitting on top of the small piece of rock that came with the shipment and each morning I find them flipped upside down on the floor probably due to hermit crabs/snails knocking it off! I wasnt sure where to glue those or how as a matter of fact ^^

So as you were talking about placement, do you just glue them once you find a good spot that the mushrooms do well in (as far as light and flow goes)? I heard that it is hard to glue them b/c they can detach on their own? Also, do i just glue the mushroom itself or the piece of rock that the mushroom came with?! I have sooooooo many questions even after doing alot of research :)

So the foot of the mushrooms are not attached to any rock or rubble?

For mushrooms I like to put them in a cup with live rock rubble for a few weeks until they grab on themselves. Then you can glue the rock they attached to onto your live rock! :)

Archived