inTank Media Baskets

Noob question about corals- coral assortment from saltwaterfish.com

nanofish1

I ordered on saltwaterfish.com two of the 2 assorted coral packages. So I am not sure what I will be getting in the mail this Friday,but assuming that they are fairly beginner level corals do I need to buy any products like kent products or filter food or some chemical additives? I have been doing a lot of research but I didn't get any info on following questions.

I bought freeze dried mysis shrimp for spot feeding but nothing else. (Do corals that eat frozen shrimp also eat freeze dried ones as well?) I have the biocube 29 stock light btw. I read in many articles that I don't need to dose chemicals as long as I do regular water changes ( I'm using reef crystals from instant ocean). There are some controversial info so If you guys can tell me more about it please :)

Do I need to get filter food like phytoplankton or would left over/extra fish food be enough for them?

And is it ok to put all four of them in at once after proper acclimation? ( I was not sure if I need to add one at a time with few weeks in between just like fish- but I already bought them sooooo.......)

Has anyone ever gotten the coral assortment from this website? If so what type did you guys get?

Figure out the corals you're getting first, then the rest will follow. Assuming you've got the proper lights and stable water parameters to begin with, you won't need to worry about feeding for at least a few days. And you really don't know what you're going to be feeding until you know the particle sizes you need. Once you've got the corals, do research on what people find they react best to.

Yes, you should be fine adding all four. Just make sure you're dipping (do you have the appropriate dips?), if not also quarantining, before adding them to the main tank. Corals can come with pests that you really don't want in your tank. It's also good to remove the frag plug they come in on entirely, and mount them on your own frag plugs (that are hopefully clean and pest free).

Archived