ReefCleaners.org

got2envy's IM Fusion 20

got2envy

Great looking tank. I am glad to hear that you are happy with this tank as I will be receiving one hopefully by the end of this week or early next week. My Nuvo 16 that had been up for 18 months started leaking last week. Lucky it was a slow leak and was able to get everything into a 10 gallon I had. Leary about buying another IM tank but it was my best option for the stand and lights I had for my 16. It is pretty much the same dimensions just a little wider.

How do you feel about the quality of the construction of the tank, seams, etc.? Why did you paint the mesh black, for looks? I am worried that mesh lid will diffuse/reflect too much light.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pismo_reefer

HAI!! :happy:

Hows the tanks doing? need moar coral? :P

Had a BAD Bryopsis outbreak.

Took out a lot of rock and all the sand.

Gonna post pics soon.

Great tank, Maria! Love the scape and the corals look healthy. Is the green chromis the only fish in the tank?

There is also a sixline...I have tried to add fish but they do not survive the bullying of the Chromis and sixline so I gave up :(

Great looking tank. I am glad to hear that you are happy with this tank as I will be receiving one hopefully by the end of this week or early next week. My Nuvo 16 that had been up for 18 months started leaking last week. Lucky it was a slow leak and was able to get everything into a 10 gallon I had. Leary about buying another IM tank but it was my best option for the stand and lights I had for my 16. It is pretty much the same dimensions just a little wider.

How do you feel about the quality of the construction of the tank, seams, etc.? Why did you paint the mesh black, for looks? I am worried that mesh lid will diffuse/reflect too much light.

Sorry to hear about the Nuvo 16 :(

I think the tank is very well made. This is my first IM tank so I don't really have anything to compare it to. Glass clarity is awesome. seams and silicone look great. The media baskets suck so upgrade those. and def will need some extra flow cause the pump taht comes with the tank is ok but not great.

I think the black mesh doesn't stick out as much as the white and just looks better IMO. I am glad JB gave this a try. I think it will diffuse light no matter the color. I am running the Maxspect at 70% white and 100 blue at the peak time.

HTH

I need a scoly :wub:.

Get one! they are so purdy. I want a red and purple one like I used to have.

Had a BAD Bryopsis outbreak. Took out a lot of rock and all the sand. Gonna post pics soon.

Bummer :(

look forward to an update!

Thanks B!

Some are in here, need to take a closer shot. Some are on frag racks and sand bed in my 40g

I just got this sweetness.

Sunburst Monti Cap from lps1212

2014-10-07%2021.00.06.jpg

Envy,

The Jebao RW8 was a bad choice for me. Its too big which is ugly and anything other than the lowest setting blows my tank away. I wish i had a better local scene so I coukd get a RW4 trade. Sigh

Thanks RollaJase! Isn't it purdy!

Had to have it :P $25!!!!!

I ended up just keeping the stock pump and adding the 2 WP10's cause they are cheap and I already had them :lol:

WP10's are like $45 on Amazon...at least that's what I paid.

Thanks B!

Some are in here, need to take a closer shot. Some are on frag racks and sand bed in my 40g

I just got this sweetness.

Sunburst Monti Cap from lps1212

2014-10-07%2021.00.06.jpg

Nice!!!

Thanks! I will try and get a better pic..this was just actinic by the time I acclimated and put it in the tank. The polyps came out right away :)

Digging the tank man! Really liking the colors. You run a thin sandbed?

Do you think a single A150 (A160 i'll probably get) would be good enough? Or is the A360we required?

Just trying to get a feel budget wise. Really digging this as well as the Nuvo 16g but that glass issue is putting me off...

Digging the tank man! Really liking the colors. You run a thin sandbed?

Do you think a single A150 (A160 i'll probably get) would be good enough? Or is the A360we required?

Just trying to get a feel budget wise. Really digging this as well as the Nuvo 16g but that glass issue is putting me off...

Go with the 20, you wont regret it.

Cant help with the kessil, im not that familiar with them.

Def go with the 20. I have a Kessil a150w 15k that I had on the Nanocube I transferred this tank from. I was gonna keep the Kessil and it would have been plenty but I found a great deal on the used Maxspect I couldn't pass up...I did take some set up pix with the Kessil.

20140830_182704.jpg

20140830_215443.jpg

I do run a thin sand bed. I actually was gonna go with a black starboard bare bottom (which a I ordered) but I got impatient and was off that weekend so went with a thin layer of Seachem Gray coast sand. :)

I will try BB when I move the tank at some point...buying a house soon.

Thanks for following!

The Kessil A160 it is! Sweet. Love their products and now with the spectral controller it should be a real treat to setup and run, while growing.

It was sold to me as rainbow stylo but it doesnt grow like Stylophora.It does have blue,green and pink tho. Grows more like a birds nest but birds nest are not this fluffy are they?

Archived