Top Shelf Aquatics

Turbo snails not moving

Luciano92

I have 3 turbo snails in my 5.5g for the first week they were fine. After that they just stacked on top of each other in the back corner of the tank and didn't move for almost 3 days. Yesterday I picked them all up and put them in the center of the sand and they all were alive. Today the are stacked up on the front of the glass not moving.....? Anyone seen this before ? Fairly new at this.

I have had the same experience.

I had two turbos and one was not moving for a whole day. Checked him out and seemed like he was still alive but not moving much when I picked him up. Next day he was not moving at all so I threw him away.

Now I have noticed the remaining turbo does not move for a while, even a whole day.

Then the next day he seems fine?

Going to ask my LFS about this.

Turbo snails in my experience do fine for the first week our so. After much research I've concluded they are only suitable for a tank with parameters suitable for even the most difficult sps to keep. Otherwise they are too sensitive.

Turbos need established tanks that are kept on the dirty side. By dirty I don't mean filthy I just mean higher nutrient levels that promote the growth of the food they need. I keep mine in my sump and they stay busy.

reefernanoman

I hate turbo snails, since they are like tractor trailers. They bulldoze everything down(specially in a small tank), and if they live, they get huuuuge!

Archived