Top Shelf Aquatics

Got Dago? (San Diego That Is)

charnelhouse

That tank is smokin'!!

You doing a thread?

Thanks, I will make a thread once I get some corals in. I got in on the reefers garage clownfish groupbuy from sdreefs. Two Snow Onyx clowns for $60 can't be beat. Going to keep the bioload low on this one so only going to add 2 more fish.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had a great time in SF this weekend

for my favorite author's book signing up

there. now, the coral plate stalking continues

for me on monday.

also, my super siayan zoas are turning brown. =(

i moved it to a shadier spot in the tank.

What fish?And corals planned?

Oh and what size? And are those LEDs?

Tank is 48g. For fish a pair of Snow Onyx clowns and don't know what else yet. Coral wise SPS on the top rock and acans all along the sand bed. Will do a frogspawn or hammer or both on the right.

The lights are LED/T5 hybrid.

Equipment wise it's just a Tunze 9004 with purigen in the bottom compartment. Osmolator nano coming in the mail for ATO.

Dosing KZ nano power and probably going to add Zeofood 7 as well.

What do you think about like a flasher wrasse?Or like a jaw fish to get some ground movement?

And what is your dosing schedule and how often water changes of how much?

• 9 months later...
charnelhouse

Just dredging this back up for San Diego folks to say hi. Hopefully find some new locals. And see if anybody is going to Sancho's North County Reefers Meeting July 25...

Is Scripps water safe? Anybody have any horror stories? All I ever hear is that it's ok, but I'm still scared.

Spiderguardnano

I was using scripps loved it free can't beat mother natural

The only thing is you have to heat it and sometimes the salinity is high so need to bring it down but other than that it's amazing

charnelhouse

I was using scripps loved it free can't beat mother natural

The only thing is you have to heat it and sometimes the salinity is high so need to bring it down but other than that it's amazing

What's going on with you since the light fell in? And out of curiosity, did you have the system on a GFCI when that happened?

When you say heat Scripps water, do you mean boil it? When the salinity is high, how high does it get?

Spiderguardnano

What's going on with you since the light fell in? And out of curiosity, did you have the system on a GFCI when that happened?

When you say heat Scripps water, do you mean boil it? When the salinity is high, how high does it get?

Yes it turned off the power but the light was in the tank for a while I wasn't home so I guess the saltwater leaked a bunch of shit into the water it was bad

But no lol don't boil it but heat it up before you add

From my experience the salinity is a little high just add some rodi till you get a better reading

charnelhouse

Yes it turned off the power but the light was in the tank for a while I wasn't home so I guess the saltwater leaked a bunch of shit into the water it was bad

But no lol don't boil it but heat it up before you add

From my experience the salinity is a little high just add some rodi till you get a better reading

Ahh, you mean to tank temp... duh.

Scripps salinity is fine. SPS dig the high salinity and it's not like stuff is going to die with 1 point of salinity higher.

I usually mix a point or so higher anyway to offset the dilution I invariably get from my skimmer going bonkers and pulling out to much water and my ATO replacing that water. And other stupid stuff I do that adds ATO water that isn't replacing evap. I went from 1.026 to 1.0255 in a month. WC brought it right back to 1.026 changing 3 gallons out with 1.027 water.

Just dredging this back up for San Diego folks to say hi. Hopefully find some new locals. And see if anybody is going to Sancho's North County Reefers Meeting July 25...

Is Scripps water safe? Anybody have any horror stories? All I ever hear is that it's ok, but I'm still scared.

I cant take credit for the meeting. That is a old group that we are trying to get up and running again. John on Sdreefs thought this up. I am just helping out. If anyone can come it should be a good meeting.

Scripps is great. Stay away after it rains or if there is a red tide. other than that you cant beat it. I used to run scrips water through a UV sterilizer before it went into my tank.

charnelhouse

I cant take credit for the meeting. That is a old group that we are trying to get up and running again. John on Sdreefs thought this up. I am just helping out. If anyone can come it should be a good meeting.

Scripps is great. Stay away after it rains or if there is a red tide. other than that you cant beat it. I used to run scrips water through a UV sterilizer before it went into my tank.

I like the UV idea. I'll have to look into that.

Well you can take more credit than I can... haha. I just didn't want anybody getting the impression I had anything to do with it ;)

Archived