ReefCleaners.org

5.1 Ecopico - New corals, clown hosting!

cju84

New corals added last night - a very generous fellow Chicago reefer. Pictures taken only an hour after putting in my tank, so not everything is fully open yet. Already love the colors though.

post-85688-0-45987100-1414507237_thumb.jpg

post-85688-0-61480800-1414507279_thumb.jpg

post-85688-0-55519500-1414507294_thumb.jpg

post-85688-0-06717900-1414507363_thumb.jpg

post-85688-0-39985600-1414507380_thumb.jpg

2004jeeplaredo

Looks great! Nice varity of coral. Careful witht he yellow polyp coral. They spread fast and mine have stung a few of my corals they get close to. A razor blade can keep them in check!

Looks great! Nice varity of coral. Careful witht he yellow polyp coral. They spread fast and mine have stung a few of my corals they get close to. A razor blade can keep them in check!

I'll definitely watch out for them. I was thinking the hammer would kill the yellow polyps (not the other way around).

2004jeeplaredo

I'll definitely watch out for them. I was thinking the hammer would kill the yellow polyps (not the other way around).

That could be an interesting battle. I had them slowly dissolving a side of my ricordea.

2004jeeplaredo

I ended up attaching my GSP to the back glass. Looks good and can spread to make a grass wall and will be easy to trim and scape off. win win win....:)

2004jeeplaredo
Two more strips of light added. Can already see the Candy Cane opening up so much more.
love the look of the scape with the corals. Thats sweet your clowns hosting the zoas.

That looks awesome, but won't the clown outgrown the tank?

Thanks! Clown should be fine here. He pretty much just chills in the palythoas and he seems like a happy little guy. I've read that one clown for this sized tank is fine. Definitely not adding anything else and if he seems to be stressed, I'll move him.

Oh ok, when you go onto a forum not for sw everyone says at least 29g for occelaris clowns.

There's a lot of unintelligent people in this world ;)

As for that xenia, same rules as the gsp or yellow zoas. It wont sting (from my experience) but grows like a weed!

It hasn't' spread anywhere yet after a month, but I may get rid of it to just clear up some space regardless. Will definitely be monitoring though!

Archived