Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What you all think of this hardscape?

gus6464

First tank since 2009, been out of the salty game for too long. My RW-4's arrive tomorrow as well as my Fiji Pink sand. Doing 3/4" sand bed. The thing in the back corner is a Tunze 9004. Not doing any sump or anything else. Just 2 wavemakers and the Tunze with weekly 5 gallon water changes. I will be adding a Maxspect Gyre when they come out. The big rock in the middle is awesome because it has a ton of holes to stick SPS frag plugs. I am not too sure about the little rock in the back where the Tunze is. I also have a flat piece of tonga rock not in the pic I am thinking of epoxing on the far left so it looks like a cliff that sticks out.

SPS on the top most flat rock, LPS on the far right and left and then softies throughout the sand bed.

DSC_1346.JPG

DSC_1349.JPG

Looks good! :)

is that just 1 rock in the middle or 3 rocks stuck together? How about moving it off center and to the left a bit more, then move the smaller rock more to the right and front. This way you'll have better flow around the hardscape and it'll give your tank more depth

I like what Reeferboo said or you can center the two main rocks and then move the smaller rock below the small rock in back to the left...so two smaller rocks on each end of the two main rocks, IMO.

It's all personal preference...nature is random so you want to create something random that you like the look of because your the one looking at it the most.

I also like what Reeferboo said. Only difference is once moving it over to the left I would rotate the whole structure slightly counter clockwise. I think it would accentuate the over hang.

Your tank though, so ultimately it is what looks best to you.

Looks good! :)

is that just 1 rock in the middle or 3 rocks stuck together? How about moving it off center and to the left a bit more, then move the smaller rock more to the right and front. This way you'll have better flow around the hardscape and it'll give your tank more depth

It's 3 rocks put together. They are quite heavy so no need for epoxy and sit sturdy on the glass.

I see what you all mean and sounds good. I will try that when I drop the sand in tomorrow and fill it up.

If you don't like the rock under the tunze you could remove it and offset the front rock slightly to the right to keep the same effect, either way the scape looks good nicely balanced.

Should I keep that small rock where the Tunze is? Looks kinda out of place to me.

Make it an island out front.

Cover it with prized zoas. Or ricordia.

Traditional design states rule of threes, in a triangle is pleasing to the eye.

Archived