Pod Your Reef

Auto top off rigid line?

ps2cho

I think I finally found the perfect auto top off container:

12x12x16 = 6 gallons. My current container only does about 2 gallons, which I have to top up almost every day...but space is limited, so this is the best thing I found.

http://www.amazon.com/Gamma2-Vittles-Vault-Plus-Storage/dp/B002Q7SZ2A/ref=cm_wl_huc_item

The only thing is that I don't want to risk having flexible hose curl inside. Whats the best way to put a rigid hose attached to the lid?

Any good DIY links anywhere with photos?

Where can I get the materials?

What I do for my ATO tanks is drill a hole for the flexible line to go through (slightly undersized makes for a snug fit), and then insert rigid tubing into the flexible tube. Then pull the flexible tube up so that it stops on the rigid tube. I use standard air line for mine. Cut the bottom of the rigid tube at an angle so you don't run the risk of blocking the tube on the bottom of the container.

What I do for my ATO tanks is drill a hole for the flexible line to go through (slightly undersized makes for a snug fit), and then insert rigid tubing into the flexible tube. Then pull the flexible tube up so that it stops on the rigid tube. I use standard air line for mine. Cut the bottom of the rigid tube at an angle so you don't run the risk of blocking the tube on the bottom of the container.

+1

If you're a glutton for punishment, Jehmco sells airline bulkhead fittings.

I just used this;

http://www.amazon.com/Lees-Pet-Products-ALE16005-Aquarium/dp/B0002APYRM/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1409161435&sr=8-14&keywords=airline+tubing

When I had my BC I used a 1 gallon gatorade container as a reservoir with a whole in the top and rigid tubing. Now I have a 5 gallon jug so I pushed the hard tubing through the air hole on the back. I even put the rigid tubing in the oven to heat it and bent the bottom 90 degrees so it sits perfectly on the bottom of my reservoir.

Archived