Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

10 Gallon Nano

nubsauce2010

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nubsauce2010

ty for the led link that is prob what ill go to provided i can find a way to clip it to my tank that or i will make my own led lighting like i did for my planted freshwater tank i bought some waterproof led strips and had so much light that in the dark with just those on i lit up my whole apartment and my plants grew so fast you could actually notice growth every week i had to trim so much i was throwing plants away that just came back full size in a month lol i would do 2 strips of the cool white 1 strip warm white 3 bulbs red 3 bulbs green 1 strip purple 4 strips blue each on their own dimmers so i can get maximum efficiency i am going to my lfs tomorrow so i will also see if they have 18" bulbs or know where i cna get them from

on another side not tomorrow i am setting up my refugium tomorrow taking out a lot of sand in my display and putting it in there as well as getting some more rocks to make a somewhat different aquascape i was going through some old pictures when i was in the Bahamas and found a reef we were scuba diving under that i kinda want to replicate with 2 walls and a roof with a few cave rocks under the roof i wont spoil with a picture till i set it up but i can't wait to show you all.

I went with a cheap led light for my 20. It's cheaper in the long run and really makes the colors pop. Usually they all have hanging kits but I have a 20ft ceiling above my tank so I made a little stand with legs for it to sit on. I got the legs from eBay same seller as your t5 then added aluminum L channel from lowes and painted it black. I started a thread yesterday and added a pic of it. Another nice thing about LEDs is if you upgrade to a bigger tank you won't have to buy new lights.

nubsauce2010

ammonia and nitrates were at 0 for yesterday morning and today so my lfs gave me a mini cleanup crew for a steal got a scarlet hermit blue leg hermit red leg hermit a margarita snail and 2 others i don't remember which think one was a turbo all of them together only cost 5 bucks did a 3 gallon water change before adding them as well as some rock from a fellow reefer in my area who had to take down his tank due to moving out of the country. will post a pic tomorrow as i also took out about half the sand so is a little cloudy. got a baby starfish hitchhiker btw hopefully i can post a pic of him/her tomorrow too if it comes back on the glass. if all my params stay steady for the next 2 weeks i will start getting corals slowly starting with a torch which is my fav

nubsauce2010

got my first corals today and a clown fish pair got a small rock with some xenia and a small green star polyp frag

15014559675_01b7189d3c.jpg

xenia

14827919830_30567d011c.jpg

green star polyp before it opened all the way

15014566425_5dcd71d7d8.jpg

clown fish pair

15011476741_009c653fc1.jpg

fts

nubsauce2010

will do ty for the compliment in another week i get a torch (hopefully) and maybe some zoas i am wanting the green star polyp to become a carpet since my clowns were bought from a tank with it and hosting it so i might get another frag or 2 of them also

nubsauce2010

my roomate who bought the clownfish pair named them jack and jill today lol they seem to be quite happy but always stay near the star polyps i am deffinitely going to have to get more for them so they can feel a bit more happy or try to get them to host the torch i am getting

nubsauce2010

quick question i need soem help with do i need a protein skimmer and a reactor or should i be fine without? also i am thinking of swithing to a korellia nano 240 pump as opposed to my maxijet 400 any thoughts about doubling my flow from 110-240?

MisturrTinnie

Should totally upgrade to a koralia 240, or even a 425 for a 10g. Lose the eye sore, and get a HOB refugium also. It'll do you good in the long run. Run some chemipure and filter floss. Have a small light to grow cheato and you'll be set for the rest of your reefing career until you decide to mess with controllers and reactors. B) But that's overkill for a 10g, but you could always transfer those when you upgrade! But tank looking good nevertheless!

i got some new corals i now have a nice sized acan and favia a recently fragged torch in recovery and 2 others i also decided to make a video of my tank so here it is

my torch unfortunately only has one polyp the other one unfortunately was covered with a brown jelly infection i noticed when doing a coral dip and also a few worms came out of it i am hoping that the last polyp survives my fingers are crossed but for 5 bucks i wasn't expecting a miracle coral but will keep you updated.

my torch unfortunately didn't make it i contacted my lfs and they said that the guy who's tank it came from had crashed and it was a toss up for the torch to survive i wish it would have lived but no harm done it was only 5 bucks. Got a condy anemone and rearranged my rocks today i had to get rid of some nuisance algae and figured i could rearranged them to make a more interesting scape to cover with more corals

15007692130_dca53b8287_b.jpg

my new condy anemone

15194362415_06d7b996f5_b.jpg

current fts

great start!

i love these smaller nanos.

i just upgraded to a 8g from my

3g pico. it's basically got all my

corals in it already (including my first

rock flower anemones--love them!)

my two sexy shrimps, who seem to be

enjoying the space.

i'm waiting another week or two before

adding either stubby clowns if i can find

them or perhaps green banded goby.

will be following your progress! good luck

and have fun!

i must have some smart clowns or something on their own they have decided to host my condy anemone tonight i was looking and there they were sleeping in it took some pics sorry for bad quality but night lights are not good for photos lol will try for more pics in daytime and yes they were sleeping somewhat not dead they were moving around and seem to be happy as hell and so am i after a few days of sucking on the tentacles they finally hosted :)

15251833901_eee6371e4c_b.jpg

i must have some smart clowns or something on their own they have decided to host my condy anemone tonight i was looking and there they were sleeping in it took some pics sorry for bad quality but night lights are not good for photos lol will try for more pics in daytime and yes they were sleeping somewhat not dead they were moving around and seem to be happy as hell and so am i after a few days of sucking on the tentacles they finally hosted :)

15251833901_eee6371e4c_b.jpg

Thats awesome....

People will hate on your condy nem but I used to have one and a domino damsel would go into it.... was super cool...

Good start man!

Archived