Innovative Marine Aquariums

What's in the box?!?

Marine Depot

How long until the " ok guys we all agreed on this tank but the tanks not going to clean itself. Someone needs to stay late and clean this" conversation happens.

Pretty sure they'll be fighting for the right to clean the tank.

Marine Depot

How long until the " ok guys we all agreed on this tank but the tanks not going to clean itself. Someone needs to stay late and clean this" conversation happens.

This has happened in the past so that's a great question, actually. The answer is TBD. For our SR-80, Robert from our videos is the primary caregiver, although a lot of the daily tank tasks are automated (lighting, top off, dosing, pellet food, etc.). The new CAD Lights aquarium is in a much more frequented area of our office. It'll be more closely scrutinized and likely have more people helping to build and maintain it. This is a topic that will certainly be addressed when we sit down to plan the build. It will be a communal effort, although it would probably be wise to assign a tank parent just to make sure things get done.

Are you guys planning on any mods? A lot of us cad owners redid the plumbing for gate valves etc.... And it was not easy to find metric parts and adapters.

Marine Depot

Are you guys planning on any mods? A lot of us cad owners redid the plumbing for gate valves etc.... And it was not easy to find metric parts and adapters.

Honestly we haven't discussed it. We're still in the honeymoon phase of actually have a tank in the break-room. Next week we'll likely begin planning the build. How and why did you adjust the plumbing? I'd be happy to share your reply with the rest of the team. :)

I wanted a herbie overflow system for quiet operation. Gate valve was a must for fine tuning. I also changed the height of the baffles on the sump to accommodate the water height needed for their biopellet reactor and optimise the water height on the pls100 skimmer.

Marine Depot

I wanted a herbie overflow system for quiet operation. Gate valve was a must for fine tuning. I also changed the height of the baffles on the sump to accommodate the water height needed for their biopellet reactor and optimise the water height on the pls100 skimmer.

Very detailed and helpful. Thank you for sharing!!! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I love the rockwork. Really digging those 3 pieces on the left. Good work, man! Any tips or advice for us about the tank? :bowdown:

Thanks guys!! I'm sure with all the goodies you have access too it will be awesome ;)

The tank went Together well. I did do my own custom plumbing though. I'm also running a revised herbie. Super quiet and works great. The only thing that I wish was different is the sump. They don't leave any room for ato or dosing containers. I have everything hidden in those cool decorative boxes next to the tank. Other then that I like it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14251699801/'>14251699801_1d2db27ac2_b.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14251699801/'>Untitled by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/'>touchofklasse, on Flickr

Dude, is that a snail climbing out the tank to photobomb? :lol:

Yes it is. I find nerites on the floor atleast 3 times a week. Lol

Archived