ReefCleaners.org

Low dKH & Ca, Normal Mg - Can't keep softies alive

neverrain

Yea, I'll be watching it closely for a couple weeks to see how it changes. Guess time will tell at the moment.

partyboizz01

So I would also like to know what settings u run your razor on..seem like I having a problem with my frogspawn, only coral I have. It seems very transparent from when I got it but it opens up everyday. I don't know if it's bleached

gulfsurfer101

Another thing to keep in mind is that with the red sea pro kits, the vials you test in will start giving you false readings after only a few tests. I usually leave mine soaking in vinegar after two or three tests. I have my Salifert kits that I compare to when I suspect that the readings are off.I did this and went from a calcium reading of 650 to 420 using the red sea kit.

Another thing to keep in mind is that with the red sea pro kits, the vials you test in will start giving you false readings after only a few tests. I usually leave mine soaking in vinegar after two or three tests. I have my Salifert kits that I compare to when I suspect that the readings are off.I did this and went from a calcium reading of 650 to 420 using the red sea kit.

Hey gulf that is a great idea! I'm going to start doing that with my salifert kits also just in case!

gulfsurfer101

Yeah, I noticed something funky when my calcium jumped from the 400 range to the mid 700's with out dosing anything. I smoked the vials and got a more realistic reading.

Can't wait till they come up with a more precise way of testing. I've seen the beta version of the real time tester, and if it works, it will be the next equipment purchase I will make.

Really. I've been rinsing them in distilled water after each use and rinsing them in tank water before each test. That's interesting.

So I would also like to know what settings u run your razor on..seem like I having a problem with my frogspawn, only coral I have. It seems very transparent from when I got it but it opens up everyday. I don't know if it's bleached

I was reading a bit about these lights the other day at work and I have changed mine to a cycle that closely resembles the sun periods at the equator. My current settings are:

0800 (0%): 0:1

1100 (83%): 41:41

13:30 (100%): 50:50

17:30 (100%): 50:50

20:00 (83%) 41:41

23:00 (0%) 0:1

The percentages are so you can do the math. 50% on channel A is the max I'm at right now. Next week I may start bumping it up 1% per day or so until 60 or 65, but I am attempting to reacclimate my tank. YMMV.

gulfsurfer101

It says so on the test pamphlet, that it is advisable to soak them in a slight acidic like vinager to keep them clean and more accurate. I absolutely love the way the equipment is set up on the red sea test kit but like anything else, just works best with proper maintenance.

Archived