Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What Algae is this? Is it Dinoflags?

ps2cho

I am worried this is Dinoflag's...

Can anybody ID and give me an action plan? I already have Carbon in a bag in the filter sock, and GFO in a two little fishies reactor as of 3 weeks ago.

al1.jpg

al2.jpg

al3.jpg

al4.jpg

al5.jpg

the first step is repeated removal via siphon and water change, even though you read not to do wc.

repeat for a week before moving on, you considered acting early enough you can prob save it.

so that means for one week, your tank can't be photographed with dinos in it, because they are instantly removed. before chems, if dealing with invaders that dont use holdfasts (cyano is another) you simply do biomass war, no chems.

chems are for prevention, where applicable.

the order of operations in guaranteed pest control is undeniably

-see questionable growth, remove questionable growth but take a pic first so you can id, and see if you want to let it regrow.

congratulations, no form of unintended reef life can ever overtake your tank. you just did in one step what fifty years of reefkeeping science could not distill. to lessen the application of rule #1, try X method. X method has nothing to do with your tank being invaded, only violation of rule #1 causes that. Every form of tank pest from aiptasia to bubble algae to evil red mushrooms killing my pico reef as we speak falls under that category.

Nobody escapes the rule, if not following the rule has given someone a tank free of invaders, thats because the will of biology hasn't imposed itself yet. rule two says it will

:)

Archived