Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

3/4 Conduit + Radion

sharksfan94

sharksfan94

So the to take says almost everything. I'm trying to hang a Radion with a piece if 3/4 thin wall conduit bent at a 90 degree angle... But I'm wondering if I will see any bowing in the conduit from the weight of the Radion (even though it is only 3.2lbs). So will I see any bowing and if I will see any bowing should I just go get a new piece of conduit that is 1in to replace the 3/4?

Tough call, you might just have to try it. It depends how far out past the 90 the light hangs.

Consider metal conduit for strength. If you know an Electritian, you can have him put a nice bend in a straight piece, that way there is no joints, if that maters.

Arkayology

I used 1/2'' conduit piping to make my lighting suspension setup and I have no bowing, though I do have 2 1/2'' pipes with a 90 degree bend. I would not expect you would see any with 3/4''

IMG_2610_2.jpg

sharksfan94

Hmm. Thanks for the quick replies guys! I will just test it out, not over my tank, and see what I have to do. :)

Arkayology-- that is one sick looking tank man!

agreed.. I've always used 2x 3/4" with 90* bends to hang my lights (currently a photon 24", but I've also hung a t5ho fixture and a smaller LED fixture).. never had an issue.. pretty solid.. I can't imagine a 1x 3/4" 90* bending due to a little radion..

sharksfan94

agreed.. I've always used 2x 3/4" with 90* bends to hang my lights (currently a photon 24", but I've also hung a t5ho fixture and a smaller LED fixture).. never had an issue.. pretty solid.. I can't imagine a 1x 3/4" 90* bending due to a little radion..

Hahah. It is a little light isn't it. :P

Okey dokey. Well I hope it all works out. Thank you for your input! :)

You'll probably see more deflection in your conduit to stand mount than in the conduit itself. It takes a lot of force to bend 3/4" conduit over that short span

Archived