Cultivated Reef

whatch these guys......

odetosilence

odetosilence

Hello all!,

Ok, where to start? I am almost 37 and have kept pretty much all kinds of aquarium since the age of 6. Now that is not meant to get oos and ahhs. that is meant to highlight the number of times I have done things wrong and learned hard lessons. I am currently on a mission to set up my biggest tank ever. It is a modest 75 gallon. I figured since I have an empty space below my staircase it would make for a great fishroom. Now how to get water from my fresh new tank to the fish room on a budget? Enter Glass-Holes.com. Seems like the best Idea ever. Until costumer service... So one of the constant themes on the sales site is over $100 free shipping. Unfortunately, add more than $100, and all they say is we will give you shipping back later. I asked

"Quick question. If you went to a restaurant that you had never been to before and before they served you a $100 dinner that told you that they were going to charge you $12 and then pay you back later, would you buy, or walk out?"

Seemed a very reasonable question.

The response....

"The checkout page tells you how our site works. If you are not comfortable with this, shop somewhere else."

In other words, we are not going to make things work properly for you peons, so get lost.

Now my aquarium sense is tingling. I would give every scrap I had to a fellow tank junky. This guy won't even correct the free shipping that is advertised right under their main banner on their homepage for a paying customer??

Thanks,
Jason,
I'm very happy to meet you all. square.gif

Mike Kirkman, welcome to the pay me and shut up reefer......

BattleAthletics

Did you end up buying anything from them?

Look at my thread, I bought a 1200 gph overflow acrylic box and glued it to the tank myself. The box came from an eBay seller, I made an offer and it was accepted. I drilled the tank myself and bought the bulkheads myself. Everything was basically diy on my build other than the sump.

odetosilence

No, I'm it buying from someone who tells me to go away after I politely ask them to stand up to what they promise....

I had awesome service from Maleev and Gl@ssholes.

I received a cracked eductor and a perfectly uncracked Tangy Taffy and LikItDipIt, they sent me out a new one no questions asked.

Maybe its how you approach or interact with a vendor that helps return the service you receive.

When I was in business I charged an asshole surcharge and a lawyer surcharge. Dont like it, GFY(if you're a lawyer, just GFY).

Unfortunately, add more than $100, and all they say is we will give you shipping back later. I asked

What the #### does that mean? You get free shipping if you spend $100, and pay shipping if you spend $150?

What the #### does that mean? You get free shipping if you spend $100, and pay shipping if you spend $150?

I think it means you pay for shipping up front and get it refunded later....

I think it means you pay for shipping up front and get it refunded later....

That didn't happen for any of my orders.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you end up buying anything from them?

Look at my thread, I bought a 1200 gph overflow acrylic box and glued it to the tank myself. The box came from an eBay seller, I made an offer and it was accepted. I drilled the tank myself and bought the bulkheads myself. Everything was basically diy on my build other than the sump.

This is what I did. The overflow works great, I think I paid a whopping $15 for it and I couldn't be happier. The G-Holes kits seem to be a little overpriced for an acrylic box. I know acrylic isn't just dirt cheap, but their prices seem steep to me.

I also like the 3 sided overflow better, as well, for whatever reason.

BattleAthletics

This is what I did. The overflow works great, I think I paid a whopping $15 for it and I couldn't be happier. The G-Holes kits seem to be a little overpriced for an acrylic box. I know acrylic isn't just dirt cheap, but their prices seem steep to me.

I also like the 3 sided overflow better, as well, for whatever reason.

High Five for smart people!

Nanofreak79

I like all tanks with overflows. I manned up and payed the shipping. Why do you think there called glass-holes.?

High Five for smart people!
It's high four, your thumb is a digit.

Archived