inTank Media Baskets

What does it mean when your coral dies

farkwar

And turns green? Without tissue loss.

20140430_18574_edit_1398911470516.jpg

I dont know if CA glue will even stop it.

What causes this?

CrazyEyes

There was someone who experience local to me. I know he contacted someone and he said it's some sort of weird algae. This is only the second time I've seen this happen to anyone. Hopefully someone else has a more detailed answer.

I thought it was normal to see a green skeleton sometimes? My acro that I lost to a tech-m treatment looked the same after it died.

Well, I fragged off the live part.

Still is not healthy looking.

Wonder what causes it. I didn't use Tech M.

gulfsurfer101

Usually means there's something out of what. Your ph, dkh, cal, mag, or something is not right and your coral is not able to build itself or heal. Offs go through your parameters and see what gives. There's cheap ways that work to get them back in line. Epsom salt to raise mag, baking powder to raise alk, baked baking powder to raise ph and alk, calcium hydroxide to raise calc without driving your alk ph through the roof. Read up on it. I just spent the last four days bringing my dkh from a 4.8 to 9 and my calc from 280 up to 450. I use instant ocean salt so the calcium just wasn't in the salt to begin with at the proper level so adjusting was my only option. Might be your problem as well.

Baking soda. Sodium Bicarbonate.

Not baking powder, I dont use this. It has anti caking agents, Cream of Tartar, and acid mixed in it.

Im going to be switching from Kents to the Seachem. Kents is too high on Ca and too low on NaHCO3.

gulfsurfer101

Sorry, yes baking soda, original. That's what I meant. Thanks for pointing that out. Guess it would be a good idea to point that out for anybody reading this.

Archived