SaltCritters.com

What LED's should so upgrade to?

saltman123

So I've decided to upgrade my 12 Gallon Aquapod PC lighting to LED's. Any recommendations on which?

If I can retrofit the hood I'd consider doing that. Or the other option is to go topless but I'm thinkkng the evaporation might get hectic but I'll deal.

I was considering the TrueLumens kit with 2 strips that is around $135 on sale which retrofits right into the existing hood, but the more I read around the web reviews are mixed and it sounds like some say corals won't grow with them.

I considered a Kessil A150 a while back with the gooseneck mount but never followed through. Is this still a worthy option? I know the newer ones have dimming and color blending but so think those were sized for larger tanks.

I like a nice white and actinic blue balance in the tank that is similar to what the PC lifting throws off, versus a saturated blue only look.

I mostly keep soft corals but wouldn't want to limit myself.

Buy?Build? Any tips and suggestions appreciated!

bdevillier19

I would choose the kessil any day over the trulumen strips. You'll be getting a much better light. You could go with the larger kessil a350/360 to get the dimming and ability to fine tune your color. You won't need to worry about cooking your tank cause that's what dimming is for. You could also do a buildmyled strip, or a reefbreeders fixture (value, photon, or even the new nano lite)

Archived