Innovative Marine Aquariums

bit the bullett and got an edge 6g

MOJOEJOEJOE

MOJOEJOEJOE

Finally finished the program for my timer. My only issue right now is that I cant seem to get full coverage over the tank. The Fluval edge is a real nice little tank but the way the original light is set up is horrible. I tried to build my fixture so that it would maintain the original design integrity. I think I may want to re think this a bit because no matter how hard I crank my led`s I cant get the far edges to light well. It might be that I need something that extends further over the center opening. For now it works but when I start to add corals I dont want to be messing with it.

MOJOEJOEJOE

TIMING CYCLE/ Im not sure if this is even a good cycle so hopefully some one will chime in.

TIMER ON MINUTES OFF TOTAL minutes
WHITE LED`S 9AM 9*60=540 7PM 10*60=600
OCW LED`S 7:30 AM 7.5*60=450 8:30PM 11*60=660
VIOLET LED`S 6:00 AM 6*60=360 9PM 15*60= 900
3 UP LED`S 8AM 8*60=480 8:30PM 12.5*60=750
VIOLTES COME ON AT 6AM AND TURN OFF AT 9PM
OCW COME ON AT 7:30AM AND TURN OFF AT 8:30PM
3UPS TURN ON AT 8AM AND TURN OFF AT 8:30PM
WHITES TURN ON AT 9AM AND TURN OFF AT 7PM
FADE DURATION IS 2HOURS FROM START TO FULL ON AND FADES DOWN 2HOURS PRIOR TO OFF.
MOJOEJOEJOE

First timing cycle worked real nice last night into this morning. I think I will switch the on off time between violet and 3 up because when the lights start to dim the color is not what I want for night time. I may also add a couple 1 watt blues for moon light. Overall it is working great. If anyone has an arduino and wants the code let md know. I can zip the . PDE and email it to you. If I get some time I will put a complete document together listing all connections to Arduino.

Archived