Cultivated Reef

J-Rocks Potentially Disastrous 75G *INWALL* Build

xLimitlessJR

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xLimitlessJR

That would look pretty good if they were on the back wall, thats going to be some great flow either way. You thinking sps?

Im hoping SPS, unfortunately i haven't had a lot of luck in the past with SPS but hopefully with the flow upgrade that will change.

xLimitlessJR

Hey guys,

So i got the fish room set up about 95%

Tanks wet and rocks there.

fuge and mixing station are up and running.

Frag tank is in place but needs to be setup (currently acting as a QT for my fish).

Hopefully i can get the fish and corals in this weekend.

*I apologize in advance for the shit pictures*

Sump setup

post-81882-0-04774300-1396658038_thumb.jpg

Frag tank

post-81882-0-53816100-1396658039_thumb.jpg

Mixing station

post-81882-0-28886500-1396658041_thumb.jpg

"Work bench"

post-81882-0-98172700-1396658042_thumb.jpg

american DJ power strip

post-81882-0-55445600-1396658224_thumb.jpg

Holding tank / Future frag tank

post-81882-0-11072700-1396658226_thumb.jpg

Not so much of a fish "room" more of a fish "closet" but ill take it!

xLimitlessJR

So i just ordered my powerheads.

I went with 2 x Jaebo WP25s and for now ill move the MP10 from my frag tank and eventually ill buy another 2 for the back wall.

I just couldn't pass up the flexibility it will offer and the ability to run everything ramped down

xLimitlessJR

Im rethinking the setup with my filter socks... as it stands now i have to reach into my sump and pull them down under the drain pipe and i seem to lose a little bit of detritus that the sock traps.

in addition to this my drain water doesn't go "thru" my skimmer on its way to the fuge. This may seem like it doesn't matter but i feel like if i create a complete left to right flow.

My idea is basically a "sock sump" I want to fabricate a pre sump sump that will house only filter socks (design is attached), I stole this idea from DanFeig on RC who has one of these on his mega tank.

Anyone with input it would be greatly appreciated.

post-81882-0-52782400-1396810947_thumb.jpg

Also just ordered an APEX anyone have some cool things I can do with it besides temp control?
Let me start with what mine does for me . I control almost everything with my apex except my tune auto top off . It controls my 2 part dosing , skimmer , return , sump lights , and temp control , feed schedule , ph control . one of the best things about it is I can control outlets and program them from my smartphone it sends me alert emails when something's out of wack . The probes are high quality I have temp ,ph, conductivity .the graphing is also very helpful with keeping track of Perams I have had a RKl lite and elite and the apex is superior .You can also get vortech control radion control and things of this nature . I will say this , to set it up is not going to be easy and your probably going to need help setting it up along the way , but there are lots of forums dedicated to this . Good luck with it !
xLimitlessJR

Let me start with what mine does for me . I control almost everything with my apex except my tune auto top off . It controls my 2 part dosing , skimmer , return , sump lights , and temp control , feed schedule , ph control . one of the best things about it is I can control outlets and program them from my smartphone it sends me alert emails when something's out of wack . The probes are high quality I have temp ,ph, conductivity .the graphing is also very helpful with keeping track of Perams I have had a RKl lite and elite and the apex is superior .You can also get vortech control radion control and things of this nature . I will say this , to set it up is not going to be easy and your probably going to need help setting it up along the way , but there are lots of forums dedicated to this . Good luck with it !

Man you got me really excited about this!

I knew i could use it with my heater and fan for temp control but idk how i didn't think about controlling my 2 part dosing and making it turn off my skimmer and return for feedings.

Man you got me really excited about this!

I knew i could use it with my heater and fan for temp control but idk how i didn't think about controlling my 2 part dosing and making it turn off my skimmer and return for feedings.

Download the apex user manual , it's free you can download it from the apex website to get a better idea.
xLimitlessJR

Download the apex user manual , it's free you can download it from the apex website to get a better idea.

Great idea!

xLimitlessJR

thanks!

Got my WP25s today...im working on getting them installed and ill upload some pictures when i get them going, and maybe a video of the standing wave it creates.

xLimitlessJR

Hello All,

I have uploaded a video so you can see the standing wave i get with the WP25s

I LOVE THESE THINGS!!!

Very nice build and almost exactly what I envision for a wall tank. Keep it up! Also regarding the Apex, quite a few folks have also set theirs up to perform semi-automatic to fully automatic water changes using an extra break out unit and several float switches. Search for it on the Tubes of You ... quite interesting.

Following! :)

xLimitlessJR
Very nice build and almost exactly what I envision for a wall tank. Keep it up! Also regarding the Apex, quite a few folks have also set theirs up to perform semi-automatic to fully automatic water changes using an extra break out unit and several float switches. Search for it on the Tubes of You ... quite interesting. Following! :)
Thanks Apex!!!I'll have to check that out it seems amazing!

WP25s are nice, thats a cool wave you got going there, good video.
That's awsome !
I never thought they would be this good!
xLimitlessJR

Im having serious trouble keeping my PH up. I was thinking about adding crushed coral to my fuge as i have always understood that this would raise the PH but i don't know if this is the best way. Does anyone have any ideas or experiences that could help me out?

Im having serious trouble keeping my PH up. I was thinking about adding crushed coral to my fuge as i have always understood that this would raise the PH but i don't know if this is the best way. Does anyone have any ideas or experiences that could help me out?

What is your pH, unless its extremely low, don't go chasing it. I haven't tested for pH ever.

That's fine, pH fluctuates throughout the day, maybe try increasing the air flow to the fish room, leave the door open or something. 7.8 isn't bad, don't go chasing it.

Archived