Cultivated Reef

Chaz's Nuvo 8

chazde3

Hey guys, some of you older members might remember me from the last 7 years or so. I tore down and got out of the salt hobby about a year ago due to some turmoil going on in my personal life causing me not to have the time for the tank. Well about a week ago cruising the used section of my LFS and found a killer deal on a used Nuvo 8 and just had to have it. Oh and I picked up a used 110g full setup last night omgomgomg. Needless to say I was bit by the reefing bug again.

Setup is pretty stock at the moment. I plan on upgrading the lighting to better leds in the near future.

Here are pictures under the moonlights, I will grab some pictures under the daylights tonight.

20140322_074329.jpg

20140322_074329.jpg

natalia_la_loca

Welcome to the nuvo 8 club :)

What are you considering for your light upgrade? I've been thinking about doing the same.

Welcome to the nuvo 8 club :)

What are you considering for your light upgrade? I've been thinking about doing the same.

I am looking into the cncreef asis in white. I already talked to him about shortening the 412 fixture to 8in long. I will then do a few leds in the fixture. I havent been in the diy led scene for a few years so I will have to check the current consensus on whats best.

natalia_la_loca

I am looking into the cncreef asis in white. I already talked to him about shortening the 412 fixture to 8in long. I will then do a few leds in the fixture. I havent been in the diy led scene for a few years so I will have to check the current consensus on whats best.

DIY LEDs are a complete mystery to me, lol...my plan at the moment is to save my pennies and order a nanobox.

DIY LEDs are a complete mystery to me, lol...my plan at the moment is to save my pennies and order a nanobox.

I've built a couple in the past. I've got one sitting around that will be going on my new 110g

Welcome back Chazde! Chazde sold me my first coral when I got into the hobby :). Some AOG palys and some Rockstar Supernovas. Looking forward to seeing this tank grow brotha.

Welcome back Chazde! Chazde sold me my first coral when I got into the hobby :). Some AOG palys and some Rockstar Supernovas. Looking forward to seeing this tank grow brotha.

Thanks man. I'm looking forward to both tanks that are getting started. We got the 110g back from 90 miles away in the rain without a hitch other than the black trim on the bottom disintegrating. Stopping at the lfs in an hour to see about a replacement set to install on the tank. Also looking for a larger sump.

I'm thinking invert only, maybe a few sexy shrimp or a porcelain crab and a pom pom crab. Corals will mostly be softies. The wife likes corals that move with the water flow.

Nope. I actually got a par38 for free last night so I will be picking up a gooseneck fixture to hold it over this tank.

Nope. I actually got a par38 for free last night so I will be picking up a gooseneck fixture to hold it over this tank.

How were you able to have moonlights over the im 8 in the 1st picture?

The first pictures are the stock lighting that came with the tank. It has set of moonlights built in.

So there is a switch then? It can go to moonlight settings.

Thanks. I love the tank. It looks much better with a par38 over it now. I will have to take a few pictures of it with all the new coral from yesterday's swap when I get home.

Archived