Cultivated Reef

Wes' Reef Nano

Wes1984

Been a while since i updated smile.gif so heres a big one lol. I'll try keep it short.
Had a massive kh swing from 10dKh to 4dKh as the dosers pipe fell onto the floor and was dosing the floor sad.gif. This destroyed my frogspawn and i ended up losing it. It also knocked my large acan and it has only recently perked up slightly but i lost a good few heads. Everything else seems to be okay although im keeping a watchful eye on my orange hammer as its got a small amount of skeleton showing but still looks okay so fingers crossed. On a positive note i picked up a bargain rock of orange ricordias for £30 and has about 8-10 heads on. While i was there i couldnt resist and picked up a green speckled bubble tip anemone. smile.gif As you do. Haha. And lastly i still have flatworms!!!ARGH lol. I have some FW Exit but havent ballsed up enough to use it.lol. i will soon though.
Heres some pics.
IMG_1614_zps53180661.jpg
IMG_1615_zpsf3dd3183.jpg
IMG_1616_zps6230c22e.jpg
IMG_1617_zps60a03ae6.jpg
IMG_1618_zpsb81e52ea.jpg
IMG_1619_zpsbad13161.jpg

• 1 month later...

Test results:
Ph: 8.4
Nitrates: 0ppm
KH: 13.1 dKH
PO4: 0ppm
Calcium: 310

I havent done a water change for over a week so would explain the low calcium and high KH so will do one in a second to sort that out. Need to alter my dosing amounts as well to try get more stable. But overall not too bad.

Some new bits I picked up. smile2.gif

IMG_1707_zps51c5ad94.jpg

IMG_1708_zps685a874b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived