SaltCritters.com

Landen Aquariums? - Similar Look to ADA - Same Factory?

Bella's Reef

I do believe other tanks are manufactured in the facility ada manufactures theirs in, so maybe.

Would save 50$ after shipping, I wouldn't want to find out if its ada quality for a 50$ difference from the real thing.

I do believe other tanks are manufactured in the facility ada manufactures theirs in, so maybe.

What gives you this impression? I haven't looked into each company's address, so I have no idea.

Are you saying that there's a shared facility where different companies manufacture competing (but similar) products? Or are you suggesting that this is a new brand that ADA has setup to sell rejects that don't stand up to ADA brand quality standards (like alignment of seams, or other cosmetic defects)? Or do you believe that another company manufactures tanks for ADA, and now they're selling the same product to other companies (in addition to ADA)?

I purchased a Mr. Aqua low iron 25 gallon from Marine Depot and it is a very well made tank.. The silicone looks like it was applied by a robot it is so perfect. Now to build the stand and all. Just love starting a new tank..:)

What gives you this impression? I haven't looked into each company's address, so I have no idea.

Are you saying that there's a shared facility where different companies manufacture competing (but similar) products? Or are you suggesting that this is a new brand that ADA has setup to sell rejects that don't stand up to ADA brand quality standards (like alignment of seams, or other cosmetic defects)? Or do you believe that another company manufactures tanks for ADA, and now they're selling the same product to other companies (in addition to ADA)?

I don't remember where on earth I read this but in a search for other types of rimless aquariums I ended up finding ada look a like tanks built in the same factory as the ada tanks but are rebranded. It wasn't so much the glass used as anyone can buy optiwhite from pilkington, the new glass ada's are being made with but it was something to do with how the silicone was applied.

Do aqua is obviously ada's lower quality brand for people trying to save money so I don't believe it is that. A lilttle poking around shows that ada's used to be produced in germany. They are now made somewhere in china, and if we have seen atleast one thing from china it is knockoff's using the exact same process and materials for the exact same item ie: the rlss pumps.

gla aquariums were accused of using the same manufacturer as mr aqua's for a very long time. Another example of a manufacturer selling tanks to be branded under different names by different companies.

I'm sure it will impress. I'm glad you went ahead and got it. However, it's kind of hard to compare against other tanks when you don't have them there to look at. Take pics (including some close ups of the seams) when it arrives.

The seller states higher than 91% clarity low iron on the entire tank. I am waiting on delivery of the tank, light & heater this week. Still working on skimmer decision & building a sump as well as figuring out tank mount light fixture.

I think the ADA store sells these. I remember seeing another rimless tank brand in the store last week that's wasn't ADA or do aqua.

I am going later today, so I will take a look.

Sounds good - your 60p was amazing man!

You wouldn't happen to remember the lengths on the piping you used to hang the Radion would you?

The tanks were labeled as clearvue or clearview.

Sounds good - your 60p was amazing man!

You wouldn't happen to remember the lengths on the piping you used to hang the Radion would you?

If I had to guess, a 12" and 8". This was before I knew home depot would cut and re thread pipes for you.

I am assuming that some contract of some sort expired now the maker can make other tanks and sell them with different brands/labels.

It is funny that even on Amazon and eBay it is sold as the Landen 60p as well as their other tank sizes. They ship them in heavy duty crates which impressed me as well.

Now to head to Home Depot and get some pipe cut & threaded.

Light arrived today, tank will be here end of the week - need to take it to get it drilled.

Definitely nicer than the doaqua! Could have bought one locally and too much green tint still. This thing is crystal clear - I will take better pictures when I start my build.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Here are a few crappy cell phone pictures I took

photo12_zps6e6b1638.jpg

Sorry to bump an old thread but I think I am going with one of these.

Can that Landen labeling be taken off?

Archived