inTank Media Baskets

Aquarium controller users. I need your help

HawtDogFlvrWtr

ah - I was going to ask about the collection time.

Right now I'm tracking all my WC's tests, additions in Excel. This looks like a great option. I'll give it a try for a while and see how it goes. Being an IT/Dev guy - this stuff catches my interest.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So - what's the trick to get the signature image to show? I'm getting the URL, not the image itself ( as you can see from my current sig.lol)

HawtDogFlvrWtr

So - what's the trick to get the signature image to show? I'm getting the URL, not the image itself ( as you can see from my current sig.lol)

on the profile signature page, there is an image icon just like this forum post screen. click that image icon and paste your photo's image url into the box.

Got it. Thanks.

Interestingly, when I use IE11 on Win8, the editing options on this site work odd, even in compatibility mode. Chrome works great.

I've been dropping some feedback on the site on the feedback link. This is really looking good..

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Got it. Thanks.

Interestingly, when I use IE11 on Win8, the editing options on this site work odd, even in compatibility mode. Chrome works great.

I've been dropping some feedback on the site on the feedback link. This is really looking good..

I'll have to check this out, as i've been using chrome and firefox.. i tested in IE briefly to make sure all functions worked, though. What exactly was it doing?

I was clicking on the left and right arrows at the top of the calendar control and nothing was happening. I went back to try it again and it worked. I switched the site into Compatibility Mode. Maybe that did it - or maybe it was a fluke. Either way - it seems to be fine now.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

I was clicking on the left and right arrows at the top of the calendar control and nothing was happening. I went back to try it again and it worked. I switched the site into Compatibility Mode. Maybe that did it - or maybe it was a fluke. Either way - it seems to be fine now.

I think the moral of the story is, IE stinks :)

In either case, i'll take a look at it. I didn't build that calendar javascript; it's part of jquery-ui. Thanks for the heads up..

On another note, I've just added dosing. You can now add what you're dosing your tank and see it on your non-public dashboard in a list. I'll be adding it to the public dashboard soon after I've tested it on the private dashboard for a bit.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Also, I made the heater detection piece work with a like statement. Now your aquacontroller just needs to have heater somewhere in the name..

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Two new features.

1. Dosing info can be added

2. Added a notebook page that lists all manually entered parameters in a table format. All information can now be exported to csv for viewing locally in excel or the like.

I'm going to be implementing a csv import tool also, if you already have an excel document.

Stay tuned

still really hoping to be able to see on/off figures in chart form. I want to compare when my ATO turns on to the rise in pH since Im using kalk.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

@malawian,

I'm working on it. I add that to the list; just need to work out the other priorities, first.

I tried the data export feature. Very nice. Now I can enter my data here and not have to re-enter it again if I want to use it somewhere else. I'm thinking a CSV upload might be a faster way to upload than the UI. Looking forward to giving that a try.

I also see that the heater stats is showing up in my display. How do you determine that it's in use? Outlet status?

HawtDogFlvrWtr

I tried the data export feature. Very nice. Now I can enter my data here and not have to re-enter it again if I want to use it somewhere else. I'm thinking a CSV upload might be a faster way to upload than the UI. Looking forward to giving that a try.

I also see that the heater stats is showing up in my display. How do you determine that it's in use? Outlet status?

Frankdr,

yes, it's from the outlet status. We store all outlet readings. I then generate the percentage based on how much data we've received and the number of times your heater has been on.

Ok, makes sense. if you have a thermometer-based heater that turns itself off and on, it will show 100% since the outlet is always on...

Too bad the Apex doesn't show amp per outlet - that would let you gather some much more interesting data. You could tell if the heater is running based on the amp draw for the outlet

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Ok, makes sense. if you have a thermometer-based heater that turns itself off and on, it will show 100% since the outlet is always on...

Too bad the Apex doesn't show amp per outlet - that would let you gather some much more interesting data. You could tell if the heater is running based on the amp draw for the outlet

the appropriate setup for the apex is to have the heater on a port thats linked to the apex temperature sensor. At least, that's how the documentation is shown for it. That way, the apex controls the heater, completely. If it's configured this way, then the percentage I provide will be accurate. This goes for heaters with a termostat and heaters without (though i've not seen one)

On another note, frankdr is in the #2 spot for winning the $20 BRS gift certificate for March. You're on the heels of prdubois. Keep it up!

I'll be on the road this week - and weekdays the next 3 weeks - so not too many updates

One the plus side - by Nuvo 8 will have plenty of time to cycle without me being in a rush to throw some critters in there.

A couple of things to note:

1. I'd like to be able to see automatic handling of timezones. Mine defaults to an Eastern time zone even though I'm from BC.

2. My heaters are named Heater150_1 and Heater150_2, but it doesn't detect them for the purposes of figuring out how long the heaters have been on.

3. It would be nice to be able to have reminders to do stuff (say, I need to replace GFO in 6 weeks).

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
HawtDogFlvrWtr

I no longer have a reef tank, but the site has been resorected because I have a iwagumi inspired freshwater tank. DNS is currently still transfering, but all features are back online, and all signatures will automatically start working again as soon as DNS is fixed. :) All features are now being worked on again, and since i'm getting divorced, I should have a hell of a lot more time to get things done.

The current site is http://162.208.10.219/, until DNS is resolved.

Archived