I acquired a zoa colony from my LFS about two days ago. Unfortunately, I was a wee bit excited and might have gotten ahead of myself, so after acclimation, I plopped the coral into my tank.
I then noticed a small rusty-orange nudi on one of the polyps. Picked it out immediately with a pair of tweezers, but I learnt through googling that there could be more - and worse still, eggs.
So the only solution was dipping, and my LFS ran out of Revive, so the next best step would be a mixture of Lugol's Iodine in freshwater. I decided to be a bit creative since I heard one LFS dips their zoas in Malachite Green, and it achieves the same effect as Lugol's.
I had a bottle of Punktol Ultra on hand, so I placed 10 drops in 5G of dechlorinated freshwater and dipped my zoa colony in it. After five minutes, I swished the colony around - to which dropped out another stray nudi, a whole bunch of worms, a sundial snail and a dying feather duster. I then rinsed the zoa in DI and placed it back in my DT.
So I learnt my lesson: ALWAYS dip your corals before placing them in your DT.
P.S. I'm dipping my zoas again in 4 days time just in case there are eggs that hatch.
P.P.S. Here are some pics of the pests I uncovered:
Rusty-red zoa-eating Nudi.
Predatory Sundial Snail.