Coral Vue Hydros

Jay's Cad Lights Artisan II 70g

Jay Wee

Thanks! Damn u got one sick stand for your tank. Kinda like the mac daddy version of my nuvo24's stand.

ScreenShot2013-10-04at63402PM_zpsf86429d

Kick-ass stand! Those doors are niiiiiiiice! I may have to make a mod or two to mine now :blink:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for an update. So I've been tapping my feet everyday waiting for the tanks to cycle. I'm using Dr Tim's One & Only Live Nitrifying bacteria. I'm doing the fishless cycle by adding Ammonia chloride.

It's 2 weeks in and Ammonia's at 0ppm, Nitrite at 1ppm and Nitrate at 4ppm. I'm gonna add ammonia to 3ppm and test every day. When the water is able to process ammonia and nitrite to 0 ppm within 24 hours, I know I'm good to slowly transfer my CUC and fishes from my Nuvo 24 to this bad boy.

IMG_1013_zpsdd20b3e5.jpg

While waiting for the tank to cycle I've fiddled around with my rockscape and I've finally net out on something I'm semi-happy with. I know I'm gonna change it again tomorrow.

IMG_0997_zps406367d6.jpg

IMG_1000_zps9314730e.jpg

The Sump!

IMG_1015_zpsc6317861.jpg

Where did you get the shelves from on your stand doors?

Everything about this is just amazing.

One thing though, you may want to move your guitars. Evap will wreck havoc on the topmost one, the other is a prime candidate for being splashed a lot during maintenance.

Everything about this is just amazing.

One thing though, you may want to move your guitars. Evap will wreck havoc on the topmost one, the other is a prime candidate for being splashed a lot during maintenance.

Thanks bro. Coming from you that means a lot. Been a big fan of your tank since I've joined this forum. I'll be getting a big red lobo like yours! And thanks for the tip on the guitar. Will find a new spot for them but the rest of the wall has 4 other guitars, haha. No more room.

Nice start, the setup looks very clean!

Thanks!

Thanks bro. Coming from you that means a lot. Been a big fan of your tank since I've joined this forum. I'll be getting a big red lobo like yours! And thanks for the tip on the guitar. Will find a new spot for them but the rest of the wall has 4 other guitars, haha. No more room.

Thanks!

Aww shucks :blush: Thanks for the compliment. I'm just a noob though, still learning every day. ;)

Jay, amazing scape man. I almost broke down and bought one of these tanks last week but decided to stick with my Nuvo. Following for sure!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I assume there's no room for an ATO reservoir inside the cabinet. Takes away from sleek aesthetics.

I have a nuvo 24 but want to upgrade as well to the cadlights 70g or 100g, but the water change volume required for these larger tanks seem daunting. How do you or others change out 15-20%? Multiple 5g buckets? I live in an apt so don't have the luxury of storing water in a 50g brute container.

• 4 months later...

Yeah I feel like it got a big start then we never heard from you again lol. Same with the nuvo... Last time someone was gone for a while that owned the nuvo twenty four they came back with explosion news... Please no.

Yeah I feel like it got a big start then we never heard from you again lol. Same with the nuvo... Last time someone was gone for a while that owned the nuvo twenty four they came back with explosion news... Please no.
Well I'm back and motivated to create a better system then before. The new tank is filled and the process has begun. I will have a new Fusion 30 thread soon. Thanks for your support Cameron.

Jay, we miss you. Try and give us some updates if you can. Hope all is well.

Anytime egginis you had one of the most beautiful im nuvo tanks so it was sad to see it go. I'm pretty young and still ... Don't have a tank but hopefully by Christmas I will have something, thinking nuvo 20 fusion 200$!!!! Is pretty darn good.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

But how about at least 2.5G reservoir for ATO? Is there a place for that?

Is there really much place to put chaeto? Fuge seems to be too small.

The tank is just amazing!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hey guy! Holy poopcakes I'm back!!! Had no idea you peeps still follow this thread. Sorry I've been gone for so long. It's been like a year! Lots has happened. I've been traveling often due to work and I got married. Dang! Married! All that jazz took away all my reefing time and I've neglected my tank quite a bit. Massive bubble algae boom and had to tear everything down. Lost some very expensive acanthophyllias. So I'm actually gonna sell this tank. Too much work. Can't keep up with the large water change especially with my travelling work schedule. So whoever is residing in the nyc area and is interested to buy, hit me up. You'll get a sick price for the whole setup.

I also downgraded back to a nano. Just set it up last week and I'll be starting a new thread on that.

Glad to be back guys. I miss ya'll.

Archived