Coral Vue Hydros

Worst Fish Store in the USA

Gooburz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bambie and John are the owners. They are pretty committed to helping reefs. Last time I was there I saw a shark in a huge baby pool. eccentrics? yes!

I'm sorry but they are horrible people that give out totally false info and like I and many agree with contradict themselves. The ONLY thing I see them committed too is giving false info by the boatload and having a huge attitude with almost everyone. You might have been 1 of the lucky ones that met their approval.

AFellowReefer

A quote from our wonder friends, http://seasave.net//

After being in the industry for many years, We have learned the whole business of selling sea life for pets and public aquariums is a "Replacement" type of renewable income at the expense of the dead(irreplaceable) ocean life that is going extinct because of the needless taking of more creatures to feed the never ending black hole called the "Aquarium Industry". Collected by the millions everyday from the most important ecosystem on earth they are treated like a product not a life because fish, corals and inverts do not have any rules on how they are treated like other pets... The truth is they are killing us all by causing the extinction of sea life everywhere because they have no rules or laws to protect them from being mistreated or abused...

Direct quote from NOAA- (http://coralreef.noaa.gov/education/educators/resourcecd/background/resources/aquarium_trade_bm.pdf)

Many perceive that the marine aquarium industry is damaging to the reefs. However, it is arguably one of the least threatening of all the threats to coral reefs and most economically beneficial. Collecting and exporting marine aquarium organisms in developing countries creates jobs and income in rural coastal areas that have limited resources and economic options. Aquarium animals are the highest value-added product possible to harvest sustainably from coral reefs. Aquarium fish sell for $248 per pound compared to food fish at $3 per pound. In many places in the Pacific, the marine aquarium industry is also considered an "untapped" resource as well as a resource that is not in direct competition with human food needs.

Thank you NOAA, for putting it all in perspective for us.

Amazing how they can act in front of a camera like a politician but I guarantee you can't name ONE single place in MD that sells Nurse sharks, so again those D-bags a full of crap. ONLY place I know that sells ANY kind of shark is House of Tropicals and Aquarium One and they won't sell to you until you answer a barage of questions and they only sell Black Banded Sharks upon order/special request.

If I didn't know that a person has actually been here I would think its s joke or fake place. These guys are clowns. If anything they are doing worse for the hobby than good by spreading terrible facts like a bumbling idiots. Please at least go back to grammar school and pay attentention people!

If I didn't know that a person has actually been here I would think its s joke or fake place. These guys are clowns. If anything they are doing worse for the hobby than good by spreading terrible facts like a bumbling idiots. Please at least go back to grammar school and pay attentention people!

I honestly wish I could say I haven't been there but it is kinda like a train wreck, you wana look away but can't help but stare at it. I would love to go back there and get some video but I doubt they will let me back in.

And to another comment, I'd love to get them on this site but I don't want to upset the site owner or get this great site involved with those people.

NirvanaandTool

Oh no I've been doing things all wrong all this time! My super healthy fish must really be poisoned by my snake oil additives! :o

This is a riot. Thanks for the good laugh. I almost spit out my coffee at the snake oil/cancer part.

You can't fix stupid.

Fail: http://seasave.net/1362728.html

Q: I'm driving myself crazy with all the tests that need to be done, is there an answer? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

A: Yes, Don't. Plan and simply, Check Salinity and Temp. If you test for this an test for that it only tells you those results. It also depends on what time of the day. Note: at the bottom of every test kit it states "If and results are not within those parameters, DO A WATER CHANGE". So watch your pets if they are breathing heavy, Do a water change, If your water is cloudy, Do a water change. This Vet. says "A lot of your hobbyists will play Chemist without a degree." We agree to a point. Calm down, ENJOY your pets and only test if You feel You need to for answerer's"

So let me get this straight.. I'm supposed to wait until my livestock shows signs of distress and then do a water change? :haha:

My alk was at 6!! Good thing I specifically tested that specific value using a specific test or my whole tank would be in serious trouble when I got back from Mexico in 5 days. I know I'm losin about 1dkh/day. Currently everything looks beauuuutiful.. so I'd be none the wiser. By their instructions, I'd need to change..oh about 90 gallons to get my alk up to 8.0.. or I can just dose 100ml of alk solution. I think I'll go with alk solution for 100ml alex.

Conspiracy Theorists and fish lovers. Put them together and you get this.

Billion dollar industry poisoning fish so we will buy more man, Thats why they don't live dude..

Or maybe its your low salinity and disagreement with testing the water for anything....

BeardedReeferLLC

Well its done, I set the bait and wonder if they come here. LOL

I really hope they show up..

I have my towels and speculum ready..for this shit show. haha

Well its done, I set the bait and wonder if they come here. LOL

I really hope they show up..

I have my towels and speculum ready..for this shit show. haha

What did you do? I didn't start this thread to provoke them, more to just point them out and laugh, last thing I want to happen is the Forum owners and moderators get this site a bad name.

BeardedReeferLLC

I didnt do anything actually. But Emailed the stunned cu*ts. :P

And who would give the owners or mods a bad name? Would it be from the moron that runs the store and made that ridiculous website and info? haha I wouldnt worry about it.. The internet is survival of the fittest, Jack. :rolleyes:

And instead of laughing and talking behind their back and they go on with their ways lets grab the bull by its horns and make this interesting. ;)

About half of the google reviews say this store employees/owners are jerks.

They're like the Amy's Baking Company (Kitchen Nightmares, Gordon Ramsey) of aquarists...

OH MY GOD, I was thinking that exact thing as I was reading this thread!

people they hate :

• National Aquarium
  • University of Maryland
  • Animal Planet
  • the show "Tanked"
  • ATM
  • Jason Fox
  • Dr. Mac - Pacific East Aquaculture
  • The Zoo
  • Maryland Gazette
  • Baltimore Sun
  • WJZ