Coral Vue Hydros

Nuvo 8/Nuvo 16

KSMART

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's different, I like it.

thank you. I just dont feel like I have that many options with the size of rock that I got. I I bought smaller pieces then maybe but I'll probably just end up leaving it. I have enough space on both sides and the front of the tank to get my hand it for cleaning and that was one of my main things I had to be sure of.

I did the first test today for ammonia. definitely a good sign that things are moving along.

I didnt hold it up to the card in the picture but it read at about 1ppm

post-77246-0-84768200-1376672670_thumb.jpg

Looking good. I also like the design of your rockscape. The little shelf on the bottom rock will be a great place to add corals. The shape of your rock will allow you to add frags to various levels to create a really interesting aquascape. Looking forward to the progress.

Looks good... now you just need to wait for the cycle to be over and you can get started!

the hardest part right! haha.

while my tank is cycling I need to figure out what I want to do for a stand. Its currently sitting on a cabinet that goes with my office desk and I'd like it to be on something that is dedicated to the tank and doesnt have all my work stuff in it. I was looking at either the jbj 12 gallon stand or the oceanic biocube 14 gallon stand. I also need to get an ato for this tank. it has a lot of evaporation. any suggestions? I currently run the jbj ato on my 24 gallon and that works really well but I'd like to try something else out. maybe set something up with the TOM Aquarium Aqua Lifter?

yeah I still have the lid on. I dont know why its evaporating so much. My office is a little cool due to AC from the building so maybe there is some heat exchange going on between that and the tank and that is why its evaporating. Still havent got an ato yet cause I need to get a stand first and one that will have room in the bottom for the ato container.

I tested for ammonia yesterday and it tested 0 and that was a few days after throwing in another cube of frozen shrimp so i think next week Im going to add a fish and maybe a couple snails and crabs. Starting to see some diatoms too so another good sign that everything is on track.

Yeah I don't know why your having evaporation issues, kinda weird.... are the back chambers covered by the lid?

Sounds good on the cycle, I would add CUC first and then a couple of fish after 2 weeks. Have you finalized stocking? Make sure you do a water change before you add anything!!! :lol:

Utah has very dry air so there is a lot of evaporation here. Air conditioning also dries out the air. I'm not surprised by the evaporation.

the rear chambers are not covered. I did put a sheet of paper over it this weekend and seemed to have helped some lol. I haven't decided all the way yet on what I'm going to stock this tank with. I still think I want to go for blenny and then coral wise I'll just keep it simple with a few mushrooms and zoas.

the rear chambers are not covered. I did put a sheet of paper over it this weekend and seemed to have helped some lol. I haven't decided all the way yet on what I'm going to stock this tank with. I still think I want to go for blenny and then coral wise I'll just keep it simple with a few mushrooms and zoas.

Cool, that's probably the source of any evap. that you are having... sounds good man, keep us posted!

Yeah Im thinking about having an acrylic cover made for that section at some point. for the now the paper seems to be doing the trick haha.

WIll definitely keep you guys posted. Hopefully I'll have some updates later this week. My job gets pretty crazy at the end of the month so if not this week then next.

added damsel and a few snails and crabs this week . Everything seems to be doing fine.

that second pics was me just messing with the settings on my new phone.

post-77246-0-98434700-1377881945_thumb.jpg

post-77246-0-33829000-1377881962_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I wish I had some updates but I dont haha. Still just the damselfish. I did add a frag of yellow polyps that I took from one of my other tanks. They've been doing ok. The rock is starting to get some nice algae and color so I'll be adding some more clean up crew here in the next week or so. Other than that I just get asked daily by co-workers when I'm going to be adding more stuff lol. Might have to put back up the under construction sign

• 3 weeks later...

thank you! I waited almost a full month before I added anything. I did seed it with sand and rock from another established tank as well.

Good luck with your 5g! Definitely get a thread going if you haven't already so we can see the progress : )

• 3 weeks later...

Archived