Cultivated Reef

Cadlights PLS-50 Nano Pipeless skimmer

digedgeReef20

SouthFlorida_Tron

O Wtf... Don't tell me mine arrives and a bunch of shit will be missing, that's just unprofessional and unacceptable

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
digedgeReef20

Well, im going to honest here and say I did find the rubber grommet I was missing on the floor it must have fell out at some point? Cadlights did respond to the Email I had sent them so they get a A+ from me. Been Skimming great not getting as much skim as Bucknuter buts it doing allot better.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Mine comes Monday. I'll tell you yes or no... Cuz there is zero info on the Web about the actual performance of tiff thing other than 1 or 2 people who comment about it

SouthFlorida_Tron

I'm ready to try something new. We shall see. Sounds promising. Supposedly the 100 is a beast, so what's the worst that can happen? It'll be just as in consistent as my 9002... Lol

SouthFlorida_Tron

any updates on if the depth of the actual skimmer affects performance? i just cranked mine up and am unsure where i should have it sitting inside the water... i left it where it was set out of the box...

the waterline is 1" under the inside bubble plate...

SouthFlorida_Tron

50... ive shut it down for now as i find that i keep opening the drains more and more to prevent it just bubbling into the cup.... then i find im wide open on the drain so i know something isnt right lol

digedgeReef20

Start water level at 6" from bottom of pump. Cadlights says this is the optimal level. You want it between 5" and 8".
Mine is setting at 6.25"

When starting the skimmer the locking nut should be in center of slot then turn away from you to increase. tighten nut softly so the bottom plates stay even.

SouthFlorida_Tron
SouthFlorida_Tron

shut it down, i moved the filter to the highest setting, fired it back up, after 5 minutes, the foamhead is holding 1/4" below the cup neck, still in the main body... now i think i can adjust it!

funny, never had trouble with too much foam head! always the opposite! lmao

digedgeReef20

Make sure the air hose isn't crimped. This will cause it to overflow also.
One of the learning curves for me on this skimmer was tightening the nut correctly to keep the bottom plates flush. if its just tweaked a little it will bubble different. If 6" doest work lower a quarter inch at a time.

Its gonna take awhile before it acts correctly if you can get it to bubble at the bottom of middle of the cup just leave it there for awhile also watch out when adding anything to water it may cause the skimmer to freak and overflow.....

SouthFlorida_Tron

well... its been goin for about 20-30 minutes, lowest possible hanging setting, and open drain.... its foaming as it should when set.... not sure why its wanting to overfoam at full drain.... maybe my tank has been underskimmed' for so long that its catching up? lmao

pics work best to describe the story.... full drain, highest setting for hanger...

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, any updates?

well... its been goin for about 20-30 minutes, lowest possible hanging setting, and open drain.... its foaming as it should when set.... not sure why its wanting to overfoam at full drain.... maybe my tank has been underskimmed' for so long that its catching up? lmao

pics work best to describe the story.... full drain, highest setting for hanger...

9548242183_e8f0d4c9de_c.jpg

Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Any updates?

SouthFlorida_Tron

I found that by elevating it to the max setting, at which in my aquarium, the pump is at 5.75" below the water, which allows me to really dial the air where i want.

other wise, it will just foam at the top of the neck and foam over excessively...

Archived