Innovative Marine Aquariums

EightBihts's 5.5 Gallon AGA

Eightbiht

man thats a big difference looks good! my 5.5 aio had a lil gha but my tailspot plowed right through it lol

went from almost 4lbs of rock to 10. Its a really big change lol, but thanks! Oh man, I think Tailspots are awesome, so much personality. and I think he would love all the caves I got, but I would have to get rid of the clown if i wanted him.

they def. do have alot of personality! love mine he cracks me up i got a vid on my thread of him going in to my return power head and getting shot out. cracks me up every time! plus he keeps my tank clean! lol

• 2 weeks later...
reefernanoman

Eightbiht, how's your tank doing? I just started my 5g AGA on Saturday. Can you take a picture of the AC 30 that you are using? Did you have to modify it somehow to make it fit?

Eightbiht, how's your tank doing? I just started my 5g AGA on Saturday. Can you take a picture of the AC 30 that you are using? Did you have to modify it somehow to make it fit?

My tank is great especially with my new scape and higher quality live rock. My AC 30 is completely standard. Just took out the carbon and GFO, replaced it with some filter floss and purigen. I am thinking about switching to using sponges, just like Sandeep. I recently had some algea pop up. But that was just because of over feeding.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Looks like its been awhile since the last time i've updated this thread... lets jump right in!

OsERkDO.jpg

Here is the FTS as of today,

Livestock include from left to right

Coral:
Blue sympodium
Frogspawn
Mini Maxi Anemone
GSP
Pulsing xenia
Green palys (ID?)
Green poly leather (top right corner)
more GSP

Inverts:
2 Marine Grass shrimp
yellow watchman goby w/ tiger pistol shrimp
yellow tail damsel

I recently found 20-40 flatworms near the top water level, I bought the damsel to take care of them. And take care of them he did!

Along with the flatworms, he does add movement within the water column

LRwyk7S.jpg

because lets be real guys even with all of this guys attitude, he doesn't swim around much ;p

For 3 months I have been unhappy with my coral growth, which for 3 months the tank was stable enough for me to never to have the need for a water change. But i've come to conclude that because of the lack of water changes the exchange of nutrients provided by the water changes. So I've become more religious about the water changes, and as a result I am much happier with how the tank is doing.

But with all good things may come to an end, or shall I say.... EVOLVE

HEADS UP I've got a new build on the way! I just purchased a JBJ 12g AIO DE-rimmed, thats right DE-RIMMED. What can I say? I'm excited. And soon I'll start a new thread for that tank journal.

As far as plans with this tank, I would like to keep it running, but instead of a reef tank. Change it into a pest tank/macro algae tank. I am thinking getting some pretty majanos, big aptasia, GSP, xenia, and everything ugly and in between that are usually undesirable to most reefers. Possibly even... a Mantis Shrimp?! Yea, maybe, that sounds cool.

I think that is all for now, thanks for reading!

-Luke

• 2 weeks later...

Archived