Pod Your Reef

Innovative Marine Filter Covers?

Adam_T

Hey there....

I have an IM Nuvo 8 and have purchased both of your filter upgrades for it, which are nice! Backed up the flow a little bit but still very nice.

I was curious....these tanks come with glass lids to cut back on evaporation and jumpers and other inconveniences, but they don't come with covers for the filter/sump section. Have you thought about making these? Ones that lay directly on top with your logo or something and a 2-3'' cutout in the back section to accommodate for the light clamp and cables to run through.

This would help with the evaporation issue on the Nuvo 4 and Nuvo 8 greatly, and I assume the 16-24 ppl would love this as well.

Anyway...just throwing it out there. I think I'm going to have someone custom make me one in the time being since I have to top off this tank every day lol.

We may look into this in the future. I made one for my Nuvo to keep light out of the rear chambers to cut down on algae. The problem is everyone will have different equipment, so a flat piece will not work. IF the customer has a skimmer it will need to be taller, and who knows what light the customer has. This may keep us from looking into this further as because this tank is more bare bones than other AIO's the customer customizing their equipment will lead to fitment issues.

Archived