ReefCleaners.org

Kongor's 75 gallon reef

Kongor88

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

very nice

Thank you, I got some new frags in so once they are nice and open planning on getting some pics up.

Duncans sprouted 2 new heads and my acan sprouted about 4 i can see. Frogspawn got another head and zoas are growing like crazy will try and get some new pics up to compare to the old ones

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys! heres a quick update of growth of one of my acans and zoa frags that are growing quite nicely in such a short span of time:

Various Zoas

22 May 2013:

Today:

Acan:

24 July 2013:

Today:

And an picture of my elusive dottyback as an extra!!

Unfortunately I had to get rid of my wrasse and my chromis but tank looks alot more open now!

Well, it is done! Sump is currently operational.

I only almost flooded the house two times :)

Here is the progress of the install today and the final running sump with skimmer. I am adding a couple reactors and fuge during the week I am beat from my novice plumbing :)

Enjoy my blood, sweat, tears:

Customer 3/4 inch return jet:

Return line in with pump (sicce 5.0):

Overflow close up:

Overflow overview:

Complete!!!:

Skimmer action:

Hope to fix the water level tomorrow and get some more pics up, but its time to give my heart a break good night everyone!

That's a nice scape you got there! How's that hawkfish doing with your shrimp? And what light are you running?

Thank you!

My hawk hasn't touched any of my shrimp and I just added a baby fire shrimp couple days ago. It didn't show any aggression as it sank to the bottom.

For lights I currently have the buildmyled.com 14k reef spectrum and super actinic reef spectrum, both 48" running 60 LEDs each. I love em dont get too hot, easy to setup, you can buy a manual dimmer/use apex.

The company just put out a bunch of new spectrums and now you can get them in black instead of silver plus they added dimming to channels, currently I can only dim the whole fixture, not a select channel of LEDs.

I've been looking around for someone who actually uses BML fixtures. They look like solid fixtures, but they're pretty new so reviews are few and far apart. Do you get any disco ball effect with those?

Tank looks good! Yay for a sump!

I have one ( bml) over my 20gl. The corals in there seem to be growing the fastest out of my 3 tanks. No disco ball effect that I can see

thanks wimby, it was alot of work still finishing up adding reactors/ato this week and cleaning up but it looks so much better in the DT.

I added 3 lyretail anthias so I will have to take some pics of them and upload they are beauts

well....time to put the big boy pants on... getting SPS frags tomorrow. My water has been stable past 3 months with no changes:

nirate: 0-5ppm

po4: 0.04ppm

ALK: 8.4-9

cal: 450ppm

mag: 1360ppm

pH : 8.24 during day, 8.1ish during night

temp: 75-76F

For SPS I got frags of:

green slimer
rainbow montipora
purple bonsai acro valida
cali tort
glowing green birdsnest
red planet

duncan-junkie

Just looked through your thread, and I must say everything looks pretty darn good!!!! Your tank looks great! Im diggin the 75!!

I need a bigger tank so I can get some badass Anthias, love those fish

Thanks, its been quite the change in progress but so far so good, added SPS this week and they all look good except the green slimer died today, but I think it was a dud didn't look too hot from shipping to begin with.

I will get some pics up once they are settled in

• 4 weeks later...
Some photos I took today, enjoy!

The gang:

some growth on wall of ricordea project:

zoa frag:

male anthia mad because of camera:

armor of god frag:

darth maul frag:

rainbow monti frag:

green zoas took hold on sandbed:

female 1:

female 2

hawkfish:

tank shot:

birdsnest/bosnai frag:

attempting the "Cave of Zoas"

califlower colt growth:

neon toadstool:

Thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, i just got my last coral for the year which includes

yellow tort frag

greem slimer

flame monti

pink birds nest

galaxy palys

I plan on taking some pics today.

• 2 weeks later...

Question. Is the plumbing going into the basement?

Very nice tank by the way.

Yes it is and thank you.

The drain is PVC Schedule 40 1" and the return is 3/4". No leaks yet so I can't complain has been working wonderfully. Still play around with the water level but got it to a place I like it.

Also

Here's a quick update of now my favorite softie in my tank :)
and my neon candy grew 3 heads:
Still need to grab pics of SPS, some of them are finally placed permanently in tank while others still on rack
thanks for lookin!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived