Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pat's New 20 High

patbrassil

Hey everyone! My first saltwater tank was started a year ago with mixed success. Since then i've learned a ton and decided to start a 20 high. I want a fresh start and try to do everything right from the start. My vision for the tank is to be heavily stocked with LPS and Zoas, and I may make my first endeavor into some SPS corals. I'd love to hear everyone's input and advice.

2013-01-05185102_zps0c2ce716.jpg

Equipment:

• Sea Clear 20 High
  • Sunlight Supply Tek-Light T5 (2x ATI Blue Plus, 2x ATI Coral Plus)
  • Aquamaxx HOB-1
  • 100w Hydor Theo Heater
  • Hydor Koralia Nano 425
  • JBJ A.T.O

What is everyone's thoughts on the aquascape? I will also most likely be adding an AC50 or 70 with an intank media basket. Unsure if i should set it up as a fuge or run CPE and Purigen, thoughts? Thanks!

Very cool. I had to talk myself out of a 20 High today (that dang $1 a gallon sale is a real challenge to my marriage) But I live the tanks and have a planted shrimp 20H in my dining room. Ready to see what you do with this one!

Very cool. I had to talk myself out of a 20 High today (that dang $1 a gallon sale is a real challenge to my marriage) But I live the tanks and have a planted shrimp 20H in my dining room. Ready to see what you do with this one!

Thanks! I'm wicked excited to get this tank rolling.

Have you thought about going with an electronic heater?

They are more compact and reliable.

http://www.cobaltaquatics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=33&zenid=bf7jb85giuojorf5a71j2nj0t2

Maybe in the future, I already had the Theo so it was a natural fit for the tank and my wallet haha

• Like 1

Archived