13) I then wired up the power supply and the drivers
14) PER THE INSTRUCTIONS I tested each array independantly before I turned them all on. This pic is with all 4 arrays lit.
15) Next step is to mount in the hood. On my Biocube, the Coralife version, 2 of the mouting posts are shorter than the other 2. I decided to get some nylon washers to use as spacers and some finishing washers to clean up the top of the heatsink. Finally I tossed the screws Steve's supplied and bought some #6 2" stainless screws to use.
16) I also used a dremmel to open up the fan vent more (but didn't take a picture, sorry!)
17) I installed the optional moonlight kit and the transformer mounts nicely
18) Now to put the cover back on, but WAIT, it doesn't fit! There is a ridge midway back that has to be cut in order to install over the fan! You will HAVE TO CUT THIS FIN IN ORDER TO REINSTALL THE SPLASH GUARD!
19) Not it fits!
20) Make sure to run the power cords through the original holes.
21) I mounted to potentiometers through the hood. I used a 5/16 bit to drill the holes
Here is a shot of the night lights. I mounted them in between the rows of LEDs. Hopefully there won't be too much heat during the light cycle.
Shots of the tank with night lights
I will post tank pictures when the lights go on.