jamesb2012

jamesb2012

Biotope Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2,925 posts
  • Joined 05 Feb 2012
  • Deltona, FL

http://www.warrenpho...chaete-worm.jpg
Last night I turned off the lights in my tank for an hour or so to see if my pods were coming out and before I turned the lights on I noticed about 3 dozen small green glows that are very faint. I turned the lights on but i couldn't identify what was causing the glow I saw some polychaete worms near the glow but i am unsure if it is them or not. Has anyone else had this or any bioluminescent organism?

redhawk45

redhawk45

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • Joined 09 Feb 2010
  • Canton, Ohio
I don't know much about worms...I had my fair share of bristle worms in my tank. That worm was awesome, though. You don't normally hear about bioluminescent critters in tanks - flourescent yea, but not bioluminescent...lol.
"Life's like a box of live rocks...you never know what critters you're gonna get!"

Try turning up the saturation on your tank.

Redhawk45's 12g Nano Cube DX

Yves17

Yves17

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 16 Feb 2012
  • Sarasota, FL
Thats very cool it can be who knows, theres something in my country, micro organism they glow when they move.

here is a picture: http://www.vieques.e...ome-bio-bay.jpg

If you rock came from the caribbean or something it can be that =p we have a lot of them in my country sad they are disappearing because of the contamination. I think the name is dinoflagellates bioluminescence.

lakshwadeep

lakshwadeep

v rotating snakes! v

• Premium Members
  • 21,361 posts
  • Joined 28 Mar 2003
  • Salt Lake City (formerly OKC)
I think I've seen similar worms once or twice in an old tank, but I didn't know what they were.

↳Malcolm

Newer! ADA 60-F

New ADA 60-P - Gobyopolis
my 20H  retired

Every lie tells another truth.
-John Burns